There are currently 0 users and 0 guests online.
User login
Home | Forums | Play by Post | Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
534 replies [Last post]
Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18

The crowing of the cockrel announces a new day for Sandpoint, the sun beginning to rise over the mesas and trees to the east. If the sound of competing roosters and awakening populace isn't enough to wake you up, the smell of freshly cooked bacon will probably do the trick.

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Melu: Good Morning!

Melu wakes, bleary eyed and a little shaky from bad dreams she's already having difficulty remembering. By the time she's gotten cleaned up, dressed, slipped plenty of jewelry on and left her hair flowing down her back (though pulled away from her face), she feels like her usual chipper morning self.

The bard bounces down to breakfast. "Bethana, that smells heavenly! I need a larger plate than usual, I'm still staving after yesterday. Aren't those other lazybones up yet?"

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
Galruin walks in just as the

Galruin walks in just as the bards asking about the group, He has been up since sunrise performing his usual morning rites and routines. 

"Good morning, the rest of our little group still asleep?" He smile and saunters over to the bard. "You can give here half of my food, I'm not really all that hungry."

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Xoe saunters down the stairs,

Xoe saunters down the stairs, all confidence and smiles.

"'morning! What's for breakfast? Smells great! How's Ameiko this morning?"

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia strolls out of the

Zia strolls out of the kitchen, more than a few plates of bacon in her hands. Most likely all for her, trying to take them might lose you a hand. She settles on a stool at the bar, eyeing her prize, and answers Xoe's questions, "Bacon. No idea."

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
Tel had been awake for a

Tel had been awake for a while, though he'd passed the last hour engaging in a furious mental debate that's only now reached its conclusion. The elf pens a brief letter, seals it, and slides it under a specific door in the inn before making his way downstairs, loading up with a significant load of breakfast meats and hearty fare. He sits down quietly and nods at the group.

 

"Morning.."

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
"Anyone seen feathers?"

"Anyone seen feathers?" Galruin looks around the room as he sits down with his plate. "Whats on the agenda today? We need to get  that owl figure identified?" 

 

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Solberg must be sleeping

"Solberg must be sleeping in," Melu says as she begins eating. "Either of us could identify what's left over, or we could see the Sage. I'm sure he'll be interested in what we found under the town regardless."

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Bethana is all smiles as she

Bethana is all smiles as she deftly fills your plates with bacon, toast, and butter, dashing around your table keeping mugs filled and needs settled. The main room is bare except for your group and a few bleary-eyed hunters who spent a night here previous. As you are digging into your meal, Ameiko appears, baggy-eyed but wearing her signature smirk as she spins a chair around and sits down regarding you all.

"Hard to believe none of you knew each other before the festival. Maybe Father Zantus' theory about some gods actually being on our side is true after all. I don't want to think too long on what would be happening if the five of you had never bothered coming to Sandpoint. And you..." she pauses to ruffle Telian's hair. "Look at you, getting out from under Korvut's thumb. I knew there was more to you than dodging empty bottles and passable metalwork."

Rhiza
Rhiza's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-12-10
Solberg: OMG GUYS I'M UP

"I'm awake, I'm awake! I've just been ... a little more active than usual lately, my apologies." Solberg is just a little tardy arriving, turning up partway through Ameiko's speech and waiting for her to finish before he announces his arrival.

 

Naturally, his parrot familiar's on his shoulder, there to provide some heckling when his master needs it least. "Slept like a baby!"

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
Tel offers a rare smile

Tel offers a rare smile Amieko's way... "You can find a silver lining in just about anything. It improved my dodging skills immeasurably, and gave me a keen appreciation for quality. Why do you think I keep coming here? Sandpoint needs your unconquerable will sure as much as it needs some goblin slayers and crypt delvers."

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
Galruin smiles at solberg and

Galruin smiles at solberg and his parrot. 

"Eh, a little extra rest doesn't hurt now and then. And thank you Ameiko, for putting up with our little group here at the inn. It is quite astonishing seeing how we can work together as a group when we have known eachother for such a short time." He shovels some more bacon in his mouth and leans back in his chair. 

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Melu smiles at Ameiko. "My

Melu smiles at Ameiko. "My Papa used to say the gods guide our wanderings, taking us to where we need to be..." She pauses a moment, then shakes her head, as if clearing it.She pushes her finished plate away and sits back in her chair.

"I hope we can help more--and sooner than we could at the glassworks. There's still a lot to do, though, and only so much time to do it in. Where do we want to start?"

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Well, we've got to wait for

"Well, we've got to wait for Shalelu to get back..." Xoe takes a few more bits before he continues. "In the meantime, we should see how much coin we can get for these things we don't need. We could use some more equipment... Ammo's pricey in these parts."

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
As breakfast wraps up, Melu

As breakfast wraps up, Melu has the still unidentified wand, scroll, and dove figurine brought out so she can cast Identify.

"Might as well give it a try herself before seeing what the Sage says," she says. "Or before we leave to sell the other items. Especially if we're not making a move until Shalelu or the sheriff return."

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
The forked metal wand is a

The forked metal wand is a wand of Shocking Grasp, and twenty charges remain within the wand, ready to be unleashed by an arcanist.

The scroll is a scroll of Flaming Sphere, a fairly powerful spell that conjures a ball of flame to scorch a mage's foes.

The figurine is fairly interesting, an ancient precursor to modern feather tokens. This one, when activated, will carry a written message to any being the user can identify, unerringly. It will only work once, however, and then the magic within will be discharged.

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Ameiko gets serious for a

Ameiko gets serious for a moment.

"Alright, since despite your ability to kick seven different kinds of ass, you seem fairly green at this adventuring business, I'll give you guys some tips. When Shalelu comes back, it's going to be with information on the goblin threat, and that means you'll want to be ready to go hunting. That means gear. Luckily, you look to have hauled enough stuff out of those catacombs to finance that; good gear can save lives out there."

"Father Zantus is the man to see about the really creepy junk you gathered, he can make sure it gets taken care of proper, and I know he keeps some petty cash on hand as reward money for that. You can also get some magic scrolls and potions, as well as holy water if you think you'll need it. If you found any kind of maps, Veznutt over at the Way North will pay premium. Kesk's jeweler on church street gives good rates on gems and jewelery, Savah is the biggest dealer in arms and armor, Vinder's general store buys and sells all sorts of general use stuff, and Korvaski's boutique has all sorts of imports, another good place to sell your treasure."

"If I were you, I'd sell what you're not planning to keep, then buy what you think you'll need. Like rope. You can never, ever have too much rope. And remember that you don't need magical stuff all the time, a well made pair of boots can help you sneak, and some decent reference books can help you figure out what ancient writing says."

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
"Always appreciate the advice

"Always appreciate the advice Ameiko, I should have probably given them the lowdown on some of these places earlier. We'll definately make sure we're ready when Shalelu gets back."

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"The Mvashtis made sure I met

"The Mvashtis made sure I met some people and learned where good shops are. May be able to get a potion or two if we really need it--May help with healing--but we'll have to see how it all settles out. Where to first?"

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Is there a bauble shop? I've

"Is there a bauble shop? I've had a few kills since being here, just havent had time to get new beads or bells to count them," Zia pushes her now empty plate of bacon across the bar. 

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"That'll be Korvaski's

"That'll be Korvaski's boutique. You could try the Feathered Serpent too, if you can deal with overly chipper wizards trying to tell you a story about every piece of crap they have for sale."

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
"I can take the items to the

"I can take the items to the father at the chapel when we are done. Make sure they are disposed of and we are compensated." He looks at Zia tries to count her beads and baubles without being to conspicious. 

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
It's hard to count with the

It's hard to count with the way her hair flickers and seems to shift of it's own accord like a candle flame. The bells and beads constantly click and jingle when she moves. Some beads seem to be glass, some seem to be bone, some seem to be painted wood and metal. There's no way to know what they mean. 

It's just easy to recognize that there are a lot.

The ifrit cants her head to the side, beads and bells moving and clacking as she does it, then nods, "Well, I'm in favor of the shopping idea. Not real big on wizards, but someone might find something useful there." 

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Alright... " Xoe begins,

"Alright... " Xoe begins, pushing aside his empty plate. "We've got some weapons and armour to sell, some magic stuff, and a book. So it looks like we've got at least three stops. Let's split up, and meet back for lunch, we can divide up our spoils and see what we end up with. I'll go get sell the weapons and armour, with anyone else who wants to join me. Birdman and Melu, maybe you two could take care of the book at the magic thingy?"

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
"That book is evil, It should

"That book is evil, It should be disposed of not passed on to someone else." Galruin pushes his now empty plate forward and leans back in his chair. "I am sure the Father would offer compensation for turning in such a blight." 

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"While the book may be evil,

"While the book may be evil, it contains a lot of valuable information. I'm sure the sage would be interested in it, if no one else. Best to know your enemy than to go in blind."

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Technically the contents of

"Technically the contents of the book are evil, I mean, it's not like it's cursed or anything. Unless it is. Maybe it's cursed. I think we would've noticed by now if it was, though. I don't think it's evil. I think it's a book. Let the Sage look at it first, then take it to the Father and let him do whatever it is he does. It's good to have," Zia slides off her bar-stool with a bright jingle. 

"But if it's cursed whoever touched it is probably screwed." 

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Melusina stands up and nods

Melusina stands up and nods at Zia. "We should at least get the pertinent information and see what else the Sage has to say. Then, if he agrees, we'll take the book to Father Zantus. We do at least need to know what we're up against."

She smiles at Solberg. "Ready to go?"

Rhiza
Rhiza's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-12-10
Solberg: Yeah.

"I'm with Xoe on this one; there's no questioning the evil of the author or anything, but none of us could make out any actual curses on the book," Solberg comments to Galruin. "But once we've learned what we can about what's got it in for the town? Be more than happy to let it go."

 

He turns to Melu next and gives her a nod. "I'm all set. Let's see what we can do - also ... Were we going to sell the wand, or does anyone mind if I hold on to it for now?"

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
The ifrit stares at the

The ifrit stares at the Sorcerer, perplexed as to why he's ~asking~ about selling something he wants. She shoves her hands into the pockets of her pants, "Keep it if you want it."

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Just keep it if you think

"Just keep it if you think it'll be useful, Birdman. Alright, anyone who's coming with me, let's go. We'll meet back here for lunch."