There are currently 0 users and 0 guests online.
User login
Home | Forums | Play by Post | Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
534 replies [Last post]
Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Xoe readies an action to fire

Xoe readies an action to fire at Bruthasmus if he becomes visible through the smoke.

"Come on out, coward and face us!" he cries.

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Runelords: Zia time!

Your challenge rings out, but no response comes from beyond the smoke. Either he didn't hear you, or he is harder to get riled than his former boss!

(Xoe readies action: Attack if Bruthazmus emerges from the smoke)

MAP

Zia, it is your action.

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia charges past Telian and

Zia charges past Telian and Zoe to run headlong into the smoke because... ...Her only other action is to free Galruin and she's still mad at him. Geronimo, bitches. She swings with her shiny new sword that I need to know the stats for. 

 

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Galruin, save the day!

[For everyone but Zia] Zia charges into the smoke, swinging her sword. You hear sounds of scuffling, but not much in the way of, say, slicing or murder.

[For Zia] You charge into the smoke, sword out in front, but see too late where Bruthazmus is. He reaches out and grabs your arm in one big, meaty hand, and with the other arm tries to put you in a chokehold. You are now grappled.

MAP

Galruin, you're up. A reminder that you remain entangled by the net.

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
Psh nets.

Galruin bows his head and focus his energies into a healing wave. As he feels the healing flow from his body He starts to make his way towards the throne to further aid their ally.

(Posting from iPad that's not wanting to open the pdf to see my character sheet, so fix any mistakes If need be. Gonna cast my AoE heal, and half speed should be 10 feet so Q31. P32 If it's 15.)

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Solberg, hit it

The healing energies spread through the room, sealing minor wounds and lessening bleeding. Shalelu's face becomes less pale, and a few of her open wounds close. She remains barely concious, but is no longer bleeding out. Also awakening are a pair of goblin warriors who were just shy of death's door, blinking their eyes and trying to get their bearings. You push towards Shalelu and the throne, the heavy net weighing you down as you go.

MAP

Solberg, you may act.

Rhiza
Rhiza's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-12-10
Solberg: Perception!

(This is NOT Solberg's complete turn!)

The lack of murder coming from where Zia disappeared is ... baffling. Zia is so good at murder and right now murdering Bruthazmus is pretty important, so...

(Perception: can Solberg guess at all what's going on in the smoke cloud with Zia/Bruthazmus?)

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
You can just barely make out

You can just barely make out a bit of movement, something about Zia's size. It seems to be struggling with something, maybe?

Rhiza
Rhiza's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-12-10
Solberg: MOAR GREASE

Solberg has a bad thought about what might've just happened in there. He should be hearing more Zia-induced murder going on in there and he's not. And then he has a crazy thought about how to resolve that bad thought!

Get in there, find Zia and cast grease - not under her or her opponent, but directly on her / her armor.

 

(If Bruthazmus makes Solberg roll to defend himself before Solberg's next turn, burn a hero point to help Solberg's roll up.)

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Now is Melu time

Solberg dashes into the smoke, his words of power echoing in the chamber. Once in the smoke, he sees Zia's outline, wrestling with the bugbear in the dark. Casting his spell, her skin and armor glistens with an oily sheen.

(Zia is now greased, and has a +10 to CMB to escape grapples, and +10 to CMD to avoid being grappled)

MAP

Melusina, it's your turn. Finally.

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Melu does what seems the

Melu does what seems the prudent thing to do: Move behind Telian and Xoe (R29) as she lifts her flute and plays a rallying song to inspire her allies. Cuz that's what she do, and it'll help going into the top of the second round...

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Telian may go!

You step over and begin to play, your beautiful music at odds with the awful decor. The goblin beside you, restored to conciousness by Galruin's magic, starts weakly bobbing his head in time with your song, entranced.

In the smoke, Bruthazmus tries to pull Zia in to a bear hug, but like a bar of soap she slips down, freeing herself from his grasp and getting a bit of room. The bugbear snarls at Solberg's interference, and draws his morningstar, ready to defend himself. The smoke still fills the doorway.

MAP

Telian, it's your turn!

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
Tel saws at Gal's net with

Tel saws at Gal's net with the magical dagger, feeling rushed and in a hurry. 

"This is all the time I can spare, I need to get back in there with Zia, please help Shalelu!"

((Tel moves into the room C21, as long as further movement won't provoke an AoE.. R34 or 35.. whatever works out and makes sense))

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Xoe, proceed!

The ropes fall off Galruin as you dash through the smoke, squeezing past Solberg, ducking under Zia's axe... and getting tagged by Bruthazmus' morningstar as you find yourself on poor footing from doing so.

(Bruthazmus Attack of Opportunity = 21 vs 17 AC, hits, deals 5 damage)

MAP

Xoe, it's your turn.

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Dammit..." Xoe growls as he

"Dammit..." Xoe growls as he draws his longsword in his free hand, moving up to P34. "Do you know what your sin is, Ugly?" he quips as he fires his pistol at the brute.

 

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Hey Zia!

Xoe dashes into the smoke, right on Telian's tail. Wincing as the elf takes a hit, Xoe steps around the brute and discharges his pistol point-blank. The acrid smell of gunpowder fills the room as the blast takes off the bugbear's left ear, scorching his head and causing Bruthazmus to roar in pain and fury. He whirls to face Xoe, his face contorted with what can only be described as an answer to Xoe's question; unbridled, life-ending wrath. In the poor light of the storeroom and the smoke of the pistol, his eyes seem to be dark with otherwordly hate.

MAP

Zia, you may act. You're flanking thanks to Xoe drawing his sword as he ran in!

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia schwiiiing

"Hey, asshole, I wasn't finished with you!" She shouts, swinging her new shiny new sword in a powerful arc, aiming for his back. Spines are not as useful if they're cut or bruised, you know? 

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Hit it Galruin

The blade in your hands is warm as you bring it around, promising great carnage to those it strikes. However, you are quite crowded in the small room, and the swing's power has much to be desired. Rather than piercing his back, your new sword glances off the boiled hide of his armor, cutting a gouge out of whatever cow or bear he slaughtered to make it.

MAP

Galruin, you're up!

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
Galruin not hitting it as much as healing it.

Galruin, finally free from the net rushes to Shalelu and lays his hands on her. He channels his deities magic into the injured woman. 

"Hang in there, the dawnstar blesses those who do her work."

 

(Move to q32 and sacrifice one of my lvl 2 spells for cure wounds. Paying from my mobile at work so feel free to fix something if it needs (Do arrows need removed or would mah magic spit them out as it healed?) and roll for me)

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Solberg's turn!

You approach Shalelu, putting one hand on her arm as you use the other to grip the arrow. As the healing warmth of your goddess flows into the elf, you pull the arrow out, allowing the magic to knit the wound. Some colour returns to her face, and she grins at you appreciatively. She's still fairly worse for wear, but she should be able to walk, perhaps even fight. From the sounds in the next room, it may come to that...

MAP

Solberg, you may act.

Rhiza
Rhiza's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-12-10
Solberg: Stuff

Since Solberg is carrying a longspear, it may not be possible to attack Bruthazmus from where he is - Idunno.

If Solberg CAN spear Bruthazmus from where he is, do that. If not, ready an action - if Bruthazmus becomes spearable at any point before Solberg's next turn, do that.

Solberg isn't attacking the goblins. They're not believed to be hostile right now, and the party did promise to try to minimize goblin casualties. If they DO become hostile, then Solberg will be fine attacking them.

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Melu's up, Solberg's ready to strike

Between the smoke and the doorframe, you doubt you can get a good hit in on the enraged goblinoid. Instead, you set your spear, and get ready to thrust if he becomes more visible.

MAP

Melusina, you may act!

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Melu keeps playing, walking

Melu keeps playing, walking carefully through the carnage to get next to/behind Galruin, continuing her bard song.

((Move to P32 and continuing bard song.))

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Xoe, Telian's down, gogogo!

As Melusina's song echoes into the storeroom, Bruthazmus lets out a snarl. Ducking under your sword blows, he lashes out with his morningstar, striking Telian right in the chest, sending the elf crashing into the boxes behind him, blood oozing from underneath his leather armor, and the corner of his mouth. Telian mutters for a moment, then falls unconcious.

(Bruthazmus rolls total 19 to hit, deals 14 damage to Telian, including favored enemy bonus)

Bruthazmus takes advantage of this success to reposition himself, placing himself in the corner beside the dirty window, and stares down at Xoe.

"That's one." he says, his voice deep.

MAP

Telian, I rolled your con check and got (17-5=12) which succeeds, you are at -5 hp and unconcious, but you're stable!

Xoe, it's your turn.

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Get your arses in here guys!

"Get your arses in here guys! We need some help, Telian's down!"

Xoe looks Bruthasmus in the eyes "Don't think I'll do down as easily, ugly. We took down Nualia and Tsuto without too much trouble, you should be a walk in the park."

Xoe brings his sword up for a swing, then surprisingly hits Bruthasmus in the face with the butt of his pistol!!! (Pistol Whip deed)

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia!

Your pistol lashes out, connecting with the bugbear's nose. He grunts in surprise, and though he does not fall, blood streams freely from the damaged organ.

(No focused aim on melee attacks, and even if you could, you're out of grit now!)

MAP

Zia, you're up!

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia moves to Q35 and

Zia moves to Q35 and swiiiiiiiiings her sword at the Bugbear. How dare he KO the Elf! That's her job! 

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Galruin, a choice!

You feel a tingling sensation in your fingers, running up your arms as your new blade meets flesh and draws blood, slashing a rent in Bruthazmus' studded leather. He snarls from the pain of the blow.

(Zia hits!)

Shalelu rises to her feet, steadying herself on the throne, then gives Galruin a level glare. 

 "Give me a sword, I'll see this done once and for all."

MAP

Galruin, it's your action.

 

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
Galruin looks shalelu over

Galruin looks shalelu over very quickly, doing his best to think on his feet. 

"Shalelu, May the Dawnstar protect and guide you!" 

as he hands her his scimitar he runs his hand along the back of the blade, igniting it with holy FIRE.

 

(I believe most people rule handing a weapon/item off as a move action on my part, so I will use my standard action to cast sun metal on it, 3 rounds of fiery goodness. if handing it over isn't a action then I will move in to tel's side at r34?)

 

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Solberg the magician!

Shalelu takes the scimitar with a nod, and as you enter the room to tend to Telian, she charges in, spinning the blade artfully while fury burns in her eyes.

 "BRUTHAZMUS!" she roars, slicing at the bugbear's arm. She cuts a nasty gash in it, though he retains hold of his morningstar.

MAP

Solberg, you may act.