There are currently 0 users and 0 guests online.
User login
Home | Forums | Play by Post | Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
534 replies [Last post]
Rhiza
Rhiza's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-12-10
Solberg: Action!

Solberg is totally in agreement with Shalelu. After all he's done, Bruthazmus has to go down, and if he can help that happen all the faster, then he'd damn well better do it. One down's already too many, time to see if he can stop it from becoming two.

With Galruin on his way to Telian, there's not a lot of room left in there. What he's about to do might be a little undignified, but it has to be done. He makes his own way in, spear at the ready, stopping over Telian's form to drive a spear strike at Bruthazmus.


Move to R35 (yes, on top of Telian) and attack Bruthazmus with the spear. Use a hero point to add +8 to the attack roll, I've got three to use!

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Hit it Melu!

With heroic fury, you thrust your spear at Bruthazmus... but heroism only goes so far when you don't have a lot of training or upper body strength to back it up. The spear tip touches the bugbear, but lacks the force necessary to push back the metal studs reinforcing his leather armor. You fail to cause any damage.

(Sorry man, 14 isn't enough!)

MAP

Melusina, you've been left alone in a room full of goblins, have fun!

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Never Accuse Bards of Courage

Melu moves back toward the center of the room, where she can see the door into the cramped little room better--and have a better line to the way out of here as well. She keeps an eye on the groovin' goblins and keeps playing this round.

((Move to R31, continue bardsong...Should still have a couple rounds I think?))

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Xoe, the man with the empty gun

As Melu's song continues, the goblins in the room continue to groove, until Bruthazmus' roar of fury breaks their reverie... and sends them shivering and hiding behind Melusina, clutching her legs and peering around at the crowded side room in fear!

The bugbear's roar in the tight space is almost deafening, and he tries to cave in Shalelu's head with his morningstar. But she's ready for him this time, and dodges to the side.

MAP

Xoe, you may act.

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Xoe growls and swings his

Xoe growls and swings his swird at Bruthasmus.

"You're not going to hurt anyone again, brute!"

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia, git 'im!

Your blade clashes with the bugbear's arm, as the brute tries to use his bracer to deflect the blow. Leather gives way to steel, however, and you cut another nasty gash into his arm.

MAP

Zia, git 'im!

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
They have the bugbear

They have the bugbear cornered, and she's getting so, so very tired of being in this tiny room with all these people. She superheats her blade and reels back with her sword and throws all her weight behind the thrust. 

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Adventurers Victorious!

With all her might, Zia drives her blade forward as Bruthazmus raises his morningstar once again. The impact of the blow shakes his head, and he looks down in seeming confusion, breathing ragged, at the length of the blade that even now sears the mortal wound it has made in his chest. His morningstar falls from his hand, and he falls to his knees, one hand gripping the blade. The bugbear's eyes lock on Zia's, the breathing more ragged with each breath. He seems to want to say something... but then the bugbear dies, his hand still gripping the blade in his chest, his eyes still fixed on the ifrit's.

You have done it. At long last, the terror of Bruthazmus no longer hangs over the environs of Sandpoint.

What will you do now?

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
The relief in Galruin's sigh

The relief in Galruin's sigh when Bruthazmus dies would be obvious even to the dead.

"Melusine, he is down! Can you come in here and help me make sure Telian is stable?" He proceeds to check the rogue's wounds and see if there is anything he can do to help make him comfortable while the group recovers and plans their next move. "Didn't someone have some healing potion or some herbs?!" 

 

(I think Telian is stable? but heal check to see if theres more I can do.)

Rhiza
Rhiza's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-12-10
Solberg: Not a medic.

With a glance at the bugbear to make sure he's really not about to get up again and keep fighting, Solberg breathes a sigh of relief. That's the biggest threat of the moment done, but there are still a couple of live goblins outside and he has no idea what they're up to.

He's also standing over Telian, which could be problematic for the folks trying to help him.

"Sorry," he says to Galruin. "You know more about this than I do, I'll ... get out of your way." He turns to the unconscious elf next, giving the man another "Sorry" before shuffling out of the tiny sideroom, spear still at the ready in case anything else decides it wants to fight.

"And thanks for the warning, Skip," the sorcerer says with a smile, addressing his bird. "Probably saved Shalelu. She'll like that."

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Melu stops playing at the

Melu stops playing at the calls of her companions, taking a breath as she slips the flute back into its case. She looks down on the goblins cowering behind her.

"It's all right, he's dead now. You should run to the brambles, tell the shaman there that the white-haired woman and Bruthazmus are dead, and we shall take the others away and not bother goblins--IF goblins don't bother any longshanks. Otherwise, well..." She shrugs, and steps away, hurrying over to the tiny, cramped room.

"Make space, I still have some healing left. We have potions somewhere, check your bags..."

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Runelords, the aftermath.

The goblins look at Melu. Then at each other. Then at the rest of the group. Then they scream, opening their horrible little mouths wide and run off, arms in the air. The smack into each other trying to get through the door, and the sound of their scrabbled retreat echoes through the now otherwise quiet fort for a few minutes before fading away.

Galruin, you can spend an hour using that heal check to Treat Deadly Wounds. If you don't use a healing kit, you'll still succeed (two uses of a healing kit means you can restore more hp!). Even if he's at negative, restoring a hit point will get Telian mobile again.

Solberg, Skipper is demaning peanuts by chewing on your ear. Lovingly.

There's plenty of areas to search for treasure while you wait for Telian to get stitched up!

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia, not being horribly

Zia, not being horribly maimed or wounded and still riding the crazy wonderful adrenaline high of murdering Bruthazmus right in his ugly bugbear face, does in fact go treasure hunting.

She has no good back sheath for her sword, like she did with her greataxe, so she just wanders over toward C23 with her axe. If the door isn't unlocked, she attempts to kick it in. It's Zia, y'all. I don't know what else you would have expected.

 

( Rolling Melee to kick in the door, not sure if there's anything else I need to do (or if that's even the right skill to roll! ))

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Xoe sighs as Zia walks

Xoe sighs as Zia walks off.

"You guys got things in hand here. I'll go make sure Horns doesn't get herself into too much trouble."

Xoe walks off towards Zia "Horns, wait up, don't know what's around here!" as she's kicking down a door...

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
As the rest of the group

As the rest of the group starts looking for treasure and gathers their composure Galruin starts to to tend Tel's wounds, making sure to do all that he can to get the elf mobile again and able to move back to sandpoint for proper care. 

"Hang in there, we will get you patched up and back on your feet in no time." He reassures the man frequently while working. 

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Several rugs made from dog or

Several rugs made from dog or horse hide lie strewn over the dirt floor of this room. Against the north wall you see an impressive collection of horseshoes nailed to the wall. To the east, a ragged padded chair sits next to a rickety desk that may once have been an expensive antique. To the west, a canopied bed covered with silk sheets and sporting a once-impressive headboard with carved nymphs and satyrs. The sheets are stained with dirt, and the headboard is bashed and battered. 

It is likely that this is... was the chieftain's room.

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Melu scoots into the room

Melu scoots into the room once Zia and Xoe make space, hurrying over to Telian and Galruin. She kneels and sings a little aria as she casts a healing spell.

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Telian, the world comes

Telian, the world comes rushing back with a soft melody, as you open your eyes to see Galruin and Melusina looking down at you with concern. The pain in your chest lessens greatly, and behind them you can see Shalelu's face soften with relief.

MAP

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
Telian sits up, soaking up

Telian sits up, soaking up the healing energies, a look of gratitude on his face as he regards Mel and Galruin. He looks past them to Shalelu. She can tell he's relieved as well to see her still standing. 

He smirks a bit. "Trust a goblinoid to not even kill us right.. I'm glad you're alright." He rises and gathers up his things.. walking past Mel and Galruin to stand over the bugbear. Somewhat indignantly he picks up Shalelu's bow and offers it back to her. 

"Not another moment in those filthy paws."

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia's first choice is, of

Zia's first choice is, of course, to go and fiddle with the desk. Nothing else in this room looks like it's worth anything! But the desk has drawers and nooks. It might have something. She waves Xoe over and points, "Help me look! Maybe there's stuff?" Stuff was often sellable. For real cash money. 

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Just keep your eyes open,

"Just keep your eyes open, Horns. You never know how many of those little buggers might still be hiding around. We should hurry up and make sure this place is clear, so we can set up camp and rest, we can check out the rest of this place in the morning, then head home, and probabbly get free stuff from the grateful townsfolk!"

Xoe starts looking around the room for anything of value.

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Hey Runelords, exploring stuff!

Melu breathes a sigh of relief as Tel comes around. "We're still pretty battered, but we can take a break with the worst out of the way. We should check on Orik and Tsuto, too."

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Runelords Roomsearch

Rummaging through the room, Xoe manages to find three things of note.

First off, beneath the pillow, a silver holy symbol dedicated to Lamashtu, a three eyed jackal head with garnets for eyes.

Secondly, there are one hundred and twenty two horseshoes on the wall.

Third, wedged into the bottom of the chair's seat, a large iron key that smells vaguely like excrement. More so than the general area anyway.

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Xoe eyes Zia's pile of

Xoe eyes Zia's pile of horseshoes, smirking.

"Nice pile, Horns. I found this ugly statue and a smelly key... Maybe it opens a chest or something... Let's get back to the others and make sure we get setup to rest."