There are currently 0 users and 2 guests online.
User login
Home | Forums | Play by Post | Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
534 replies [Last post]
Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia takes a look at the city

Zia takes a look at the city walls that the commando is now outside of. Zia takes what would deep, calming breath for normal people. 

Zia unhooks one of her throwing axes from her belt and hucks it at the Commando because he's too far away for her to get to.  

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Xoe!

You hurl your axe, but your arc is off, and it lands just short of the goblin, clattering off the stone. The commando hisses in response, going for his knife.

MAP

Xoe, it's your turn!

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Drop the knife, Goblin." Xoe

"Drop the knife, Goblin." Xoe growls as he aims his pistol at the Commando. "Take care of those dogs, let the goblins run!"

Ready action to shoot the goblin if he makes any aggressive action.

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Melu: Chatting!

"We made Gugmut run, slew the thing that Korovus became, and killed the demon Erylium. We know Bruthazmus isn't here--he's facing the hunter Shalelu south of here. The demon the longshanks'll summon will kill goblins same as anyone else. You're meant to be food!"

Melu may be embellishing a bit. But seriously, when have deals with demonic fiends of Hell ever gone well for anyone involved?

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
The goblin snarls at you,

The goblin snarls at you, seemingly wracked by indecision. But he holds his ground.

MAP

Galruin, it's your action.

(Sorry guys, got distracted!)

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
"Promised to keep goblin

"Promised to keep goblin casualties down, Obviously your not a goblin!" 

Galruin brings his sword arm back and swings at the mongrel-rat-dog in front of him. 

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Teeeeeeelian

You bring your blade down, but the same nimbleness that protected the dog from the grease protects him from your scimitar, and it just barely dodges your slash, snarling at you with it's rat like teeth.

MAP

Telian, you're up!

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
Telian knocks an arrow,

Telian knocks an arrow, pointing it at the goblin who just avoided a nasty tumble through Melu's magic. Although the elf hadn't personally promised to try and spare goblin lives when possible, he was willing to follow the plan until the goblins proved far too stupid to play ball.

"Make any kind of move toward us, and I will end you. Shalelu isn't Sandpoint's only marksman."

 

((Readied action to shoot if it makes an aggressive move toward the group.))

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Solberg for realses

Your aim your bow squarely at the goblin, joining your companions in keeping it covered.

MAP

Solberg, it is now actually your action.

Rhiza
Rhiza's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-12-10
Solberg: BAD PUPPIES

"Hey-! Don't forget the dogs, either, I'm not an infinite font of magic!"

Solberg has the feeling he might still need more spells later, and for the moment the party seems like it'll be able to get by without him tossing more of the big ones right away. He still has some low-energy tricks that might be useful though, and there's a nicely trapped target out on the splat of grease he can ahoot at without having to worry about hitting one of his friends by accident!

Ray of frost to Goblin Dog D, it is!

 

(post edited once because I screwed up the roll syntax)

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Melu's turn!

This particular spell is one you know well. It's one of the first bits of magic you mastered, and the first that got you in trouble. You've used it very often indeed, and often to decent effect.

That's what makes this failure so utterly galling. Somehow, despite having done this by rote dozens of times, you fail the incantation, and the spell emerges wrong, the wrong colour of blue, and jagged like a lightning bolt instead of straight and true. The ray strikes the greased ground near the goblin dog, causing it to yelp in surprise, but succeeds only in temporarily solidifying the grease. The dog takes advantage of this to close on Galruin, and along with its packmate, snarls and bites at Galruin. Meanwhile, the fleeing goblin and cowering goblin continue in those acts, while the commando remains still and snarling, blade still in hand but not advancing or retreating.

(Galruin is hit by Goblin Dog D, takes 5 damage! Goblin dog B misses.)

MAP

Melusina, you're up.

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Melu's Turn!

"Think about it," Melu urges the Commando. "But not too long." She turns, stepping back before firing an arrow at dog D.

((And move to AF31, next to Solberg, cuz ew dogs))

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Ziiiiiia

The arrow sinks deeply into the dog's midsection, causing it to yelp in surprise and pain. It does not fall, however.

MAP

Zia, it is your turn.

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia hisses at the dog that's

Zia hisses at the dog that's diagonal to her, golden eyes flaring as she slashes at it with her axe!

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Xoe, one puppy left

Your axe, heated by your fury, easily cleaves the goblin dogs head from its wretched shoulders, leaving only one remaining.

MAP

Xoe, you're up!

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Drop it, Gobsnot!

"Drop the knife, Goblin. I'm not going to ask again. Don't think I won't shoot you."

Xoe readies an action to shoot the goblin if he acts aggressive.

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Galruin now!

You keep your weapon leveled at the goblin, trusting in your allies to eliminate the feral goblin dog threat.

MAP

Galruin, after you!

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
Galruin glares at the goblin

Galruin glares at the goblin dog for a split second while making a decision.

"Zia, Mind finishing that one off too?"

He quickly steps back out of the mongrel's reach, then rests his hand on his wounds and prays for healing.

(5 foot step to ag29. and sacrifice shield of faith for a cure light wounds cast.)

 

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Telian you're up!

The blessing of Sarenrae fills your heart, and soothes your wounds. The pain recedes, and your vigour is renewed.

 

MAP

 

Telian, it's your turn.

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
Tel sighs, confident in Xoe's

Tel sighs, confident in Xoe's ability to remove the goblin commando's face should the need present itself.

He turns and takes aim at the goblin dog that Galruin and pulled back from, recognizing the open shot.

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Soooooooolberg

Your shot flies towards the dog, but with it jumping around it's a more difficult target than you thought it might be. Your arrow snaps on the ground, failing to harm the beast.

MAP

Solberg, you're up!

Rhiza
Rhiza's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-12-10
Solberg: Spear!

Solberg lets his dagger fall from his hands and draws his spear. If Dog B moves in to attack either Zia or Galruin, he's ready to give it a jab with the spear! (Ready action: attack any hostile that enters spear range

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Solberg strikes, combat ends!

Solberg readies his longspear just in time, as the goblin dog snarls and attempts to press the charge against Galruin. Its trajectory is poorly chosen however, as it opens its underbelly to the tip of Solberg's spear, impaling itself on the weapon with a yelp. The weight nearly knocks the weapon from his hands, but Solberg manages to hold on and thrust forward, ending the creature's life.

(Readied attack! Solberg rolls natural 20! Solberg rolls 15+2 to confirm! Solberg deals 10 damage, goblin dog is dead!)

Seeing the last of the dogs dead, and his remaining compatriots cowering or fleeing, the commando drops his knife.

"Fine, you win! What you want from Gibble?"

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
Galruin cleans his blade on...

Galruin cleans his blade on one of the dogs corpses before approaching the goblin.

"Well Gibble, its your lucky day. Help us out and you get to live." He grins and sheathes his sword. "We need to get inside and get to the longshanks. Preferably without having to kill any more of your fellows."

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"You know everything I said

"You know everything I said is true, Gibble. We made a promise; we will leave the goblins alone if they leave us alone, and the town. Tsuto and the other longshanks are going to get you all killed or fed to a demon. Bruthazmus isn't here to bully you, you can get away."

Melu continues to try and be convincing, to get the commando on their side and uphold the deal the sage made--without giving the guy away yet.

((GM can roll any new diplomacy check if it's needed, my phone is being silly this morning.))

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia stays quiet, her

Zia stays quiet, her doctorate in axeing of no use in this situation.

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
Tel remains quiet as well,

Tel remains quiet as well, plucking away at the edge of his magical throwing dagger, once again impressed by its sharpness. He hopes against all hope that the goblin indulges its base nature and does something stupid. With any luck the rest of the party might come to understand the ultimate resolution of attempts to negotiate with rabid badgers... though in truth that's a little unfair to badgers.

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Hah, you want fight

"Hah, you want fight longshanks, no skin off my teeth. They down inside the rock, chief say they getting blessings from gods. You want down there, gonna have to go through chief's throneroom. Is inside, not hard find."

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Make sure the others know,

"Make sure the others know, stay out of our way and we'll leave you alive." Xoe growls to the goblin. "Let's go deal with this."

Xoe heads towards the throne room once the party is gathered.

Rhiza
Rhiza's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-12-10
Solberg: Weapons

Solberg doesn't want to lose that dagger he dropped to make the spear maneuver, so he makes sure to collect that. And to actually get the dog off the spear, because he'd really like to keep that ready as well.