There are currently 0 users and 0 guests online.
User login
Home | Forums | Play by Post | Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
478 replies [Last post]
Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18

A new day dawns on Sandpoint, following a day of both horror and joy for her populace. The Swallowtail festival was interrupted by a raid by murderous goblins, and that raid was stopped in no small part thanks to the actions of a group of heroes, five outsiders and one quiet local, who stepped up to put a stop to the raid.

 

Those of you sleeping at the Rusty Dragon are each awakened by a knock on your door, and a respectful voice calling out your name. "Sheriff Hemlock is hoping to speak with you sir/madam, he's waiting for you down in the common room."

Telian, you are already at work at the forge, even before Das arrives to start the morning work, when a guardswoman approaches you. "Telian? The Sheriff would like to talk to you, he's at the Rusty Dragon. I'll let Korvut know where you are."

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
Galruin: I hate mornings.

Galruin sits up in his bed and rubs his eyes. "Alright, Thanks!" he calls out just incase the person is waiting for a reply. Begrudgingly he stumbles over to the window and opens it, breathing in deeply. 

He knew he had a good  nights sleep but he did not feel like it. Perhaps all the excitement from yesterday just weighed on him. None the less the sheriff call and he felt it appropriate to respect the lawman. he hurries to get dressed in his armor as best he can, murmuring his morning prayers and going over his mental checklist of his daily routine. Finishing with his boots he rubs his chin. "Uhn, Guess I am just gonna be scruffy for the day." Throwing on his sword and shield he darts out the door and down the stairs looking for the sheriff in the common room. 

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
Telian nods and thanks the

Telian nods and thanks the woman, telling her that he'll need just a couple minutes to get his work to a good stopping point, and to pick up his kit. He quickly hangs up up his apron and puts away his tools before retrieving his full kit. He mutters to himself while slipping the leather armor on.

"No bloody way are you going to see me lunging at a goblin with just a dagger again.

"Tel felt it was better to make sure he had everything, as he had the feeling the Sheriff would be talking to everyone who'd taken part in the attack yesterday. If the Sheriff had only wanted to talk to him, he'd have stopped by personally afterall... maybe they'd scouted out the location of a warren? And really, even if he was putting too much importance on this meeting, the worst he'd get out of it was walking to the Dragon and back.. and even then he knew he'd get himself some breakfast out of the deal.

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
It takes a few rounds of loud

It takes a few rounds of loud knocking and summoning to rouse the sleeping Ifrit. She rolls out of bed and onto the floor with a fairly satisfying thud before oozing her way around her room. It takes her a bit to get her armor on in her grogginess, but she manages. She makes her way down the stairs, boots in one hand, bag of goodies in the other. Zia sinks into a chair and dumps her goodie bag out on the table and takes a quick inventory. Hair beads, check. Mirror, check. Khol eyeliner, check. Hair brush, check. Jewelry, check.

She nods at the Sherrif and begins the arduous process of putting her "look" together. Beads go into hair, eyeliner goes on, earrings go in, rings go on. The final piece is the scarf. She ties it on before slumping back into her chair, "Coffee please."

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Morning!

Melusina is what one calls a morning person. She's already awake and preparing for the day when the summons comes.

The Varisian skips downstairs again, smiling brightly. "~Good morning~!" she chirps, finding a seat near Zia. "Hope everyone slept well. Looks like the nice weather's holding out, too. What's the breakfast special, anyone know?"

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia shoots Melu a look that

Zia shoots Melu a look that could kill a cactus before dropping her head down to the table. 

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Xoe, while not a morning

Xoe, while not a morning person, is certainly a meticulous gun person. When the knock comes, he's just finished cleaning his pistol and was getting ready to start putting together some more ammo. He sighs at the interruption and quickly stows his tools. He slips on his chain shirt, puts on his jacket and hat and heads down the stairs.

"'morning Melu, Horns, Big Guy. No Birdman or Elfsmith yet? Oh, there he is! 'morning Elfsmith!" He takes a seat at the table with the others and calls to the innkeeper, "Could we get some breakfast out here, my dear? And none of that danged Doomspice, either!"

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
Gal does his best to smile as

Gal does his best to smile as everyone gets down stairs. "G'morning." is his reply as everyone steps into the room.

 

"Hey Hat" Galruin replies to Xoe's greeting. "Looks like birdman is the last to file in" He peers his head to look at the stairs. 

 

"Maybe he fell back asleep?"

Rhiza
Rhiza's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-12-10
Solberg: Dawn of THE SECOND DAY.

(Insert Majora's Mask type title card here)

"As if," Solberg calls from the stairs leading from the guest rooms, having just arrived. Sure, he may be wearing the exact same clothes as yesterday, but a round of prestidigitation back in his room must've fixed them up nicely. He's also carrying his full pack this time, with the longspear and light crossbow handy. He does NOT want to be without those if goblins try to sack the town again.

"Just had to take a little time to make sure I'm neat and ready," he smiles, though that's soon interrupted by Skipper being Skipper.

"Galley! Go! Now. Food!" caws the bird, pretty much right in his master's ear.

"You mad!? I can't just stroll into Ameiko's kitchen. It's private property AND it's probably full of doomspice!"

 

(I'm assuming there was enough rest time for the party's casters to refresh their spell slots, yeah?)

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Yes, full night's rest restores spell slots

Coffee is provided, as well as breakfasts of venison and eggs, and a bowl of nuts is put out for any obnoxious tropical birds that happen to be nearby. The server lets you know that the meals will be put on your tabs, and leaves you at the big table to eat with the Sheriff.

"Good morning, I trust you all slept well. To the point, I was hoping I could convince you all to join me for a walk to the Boneyard behind the Cathedral. Father Zantus found signs of tampering with one of the vaults, and considering the goblin-slaying skills you demonstrated yesterday, it would be nice to have you along."

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia downs one cup of coffee

Zia downs one cup of coffee fairly quickly, then pours herself another and digs into her eggs. She looks up at the sherrif at the mention of a tampered with vault. She pauses mid-scoop-into-mouth and frowns, "What kinda tampering are we talking about here? Like. 'Oh no some kids came by and painted all the statues' or 'oh no the dead are rising from their graves'?"

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
Tel eagerly digs into his

Tel eagerly digs into his breakfast.

"I'm going to venture a guess of tampering with a specific vault... forced entry."

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Breakfast Conversation

Melu sips her coffee. "Graverobbing is despicable, if that's what this is. I suppose if the others are willing to go I can tag along. I'll even bring my bow, and my lovely new flute, to be of some help.

"But you really think there could be trouble? Maybe more goblins sheltering in one of the vaults?" She wrinkles her fine little nose at that thought.

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
Inbetween swallowing and chewing the next bites

"Was it a specific vault? Who's?"

"Was it broken into in a 'I am a sloppy fanatical cretin of a goblin'? Or someone that new what they were up to?"

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"From what Father Zantus

"From what Father Zantus said, it seems the vault was broken into during the attack yesterday, so there's a chance that whatever did it is still inside. As for the details, I'd like to get your opinions on the scene once we arrive, before I tell you any of my own theories."

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia idly scratches a spot on

Zia idly scratches a spot on her jawline before looking at her nails with some amount of scrutiny. To agree or not. She purses her lips and adjusts her head scarf before shrugging, "I'll go get my axe. Be right back."

She takes her bag-o-goodies and heads back upstairs to her room, still barefoot.  

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Xoe finishes his food, looks

Xoe finishes his food, looks at the group and sighs. "I guess I won't be able to put together any more ammo this morning after all."

"Could be goblins, or it could be an unscrupulous citizen that's used the goblins as a distraction. Do you know if there was anything valuable in that tomb?"

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
Galruin Leans back in his

Galruin Leans back in his chair after finishing his meal and wipes his mouth. "Hrm, Underground vault investigation. I suppose its safe to leave my crossbow behind." He looks at the stairs and then the to the other table occupants before getting another cup of coffee and settling into his chair to wait for everyone to decide their course of action. 

 

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia comes back down the

Zia comes back down the stairs with her greataxe strapped to her back, the size and weight of the thing doesn't seem to bother her all that much. She takes it off and leans it against the table and has a seat, quickly ordering and downing another hot cup of delicious, delicious coffee. She groans a bit, utterly content with the heat and caffiene, and wiggles her toes under the table before finally asking, "So. Are we doin' this thing or what?"

Rhiza
Rhiza's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-12-10
Solberg glances over at

Solberg glances over at Galruin after sitting down to enjoy his own breakfast and turning Skipper loose to get some as well. "Yesterday taught me something pretty important - don't go travelling without all your pointy things 'round these parts, there just might be goblins." He's pointing his own fork in Galruin's direction as he speaks, too.

"Tomb vaults could be tiny little things - but we could be looking at something like a whole mausoleum too." After this point he glances over to the Sheriff next, seeking some sort of confirmation or denial one way or the other.

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"I'm with Horns on this one.

"I'm with Horns on this one. Let's finish up and get to this tomb. Are we being compensated for our services, Sheriff?"

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
Galruin pnders Sol's words

Galruin pnders Sol's words for a second Shrugs and goes to fetch his crossbow.

"Just in case."

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
"All respect Sheriff these

"All respect Sheriff these people are the ones for the job.. none of them had to help when things went crazy yesterday, but they did. It takes a brave or crazy sort to step in and make something their problem when you don't have to. So it's safe to assume they're on board. Maybe we should throw a list together and figure out what's all worth taking... goblin or not from that area if there's been tampering.."

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Sherrif Hemlock

"The tomb belonged to our former priest, Father Tobyn. I'll be honest, I'm not expecting trouble, but trouble tends to look for those that don't expect it. I'm hoping to get to know the six of you better, though. You've done Sandpoint well, and I'm certain you would value having a rapport with the law here. Why don't we walk and talk?"

The Sheriff rises, taking his hat from the rack and holding the door open for you all.

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia scowls a bit at that and

Zia scowls a bit at that and pulls her boots on, effectively silencing her ankle bells, "Yeah, yeah, yeah." She stands up and hoists her axe up onto her shoulder before shuffling out.

She had fought the law on a number of occasions, and the law had usually, mostly won. 

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Leaving!

Melu finishes braiding her long dark hair and follows. She's already got her bow and arrows, and is wearing her sturdier travel clothes by the time the rest of the group is ready to go. She's also got her waterskin, reinforced scarf, and the darkwood flute.

The bard smiles sweetly to Hemlock as she passes through the door. "Thank you, Sheriff."

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Right then, let's be

"Right then, let's be off."

Xoe puts on his hat, checks his holstered pistol and the other weapons he carries and makes his way out the door.

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
Tel gives his equipment one

Tel gives his equipment one last look over before shouldering his back and heading out. He gives one quick wave and says "Sorry in advance if the boss swings by.. he's a bit unhappy...er."

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
Gal hops the last couple of

Gal hops the last couple of steps just as everyone else gets out the door, landing with a thud before catching up with a brisk pace His crossbow strung over one shoulder his shield on the other. his holy symbol and sword in their usual places on his belt. 

"Thank you sheriff!" he nods with a smile as he passes the lawman by. 

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
A morning walk

You walk with the Sheriff north along market street through the merchant square, where the remaining foreign merchants are setting up stalls for a second day of business, hoping to lighten their loads for the trip back to Magnimar. A number of passerby wave or nod at your group as you go past.

"This town has stood for near fourty years now, out here where before it was nothing but wild lands and nomadic peoples. Varisian, Shoanti, Chelish, no matter their heritage, people have made lives here, with more moving out here to get away from the bustle of the city every year. We've had our share of challenges, but yesterday was the first honest-to-Erastil raid the town has endured since the first earth was broken. We occasionally had to deal with the occasional pair or trio of goblins looking to steal whatever they could find, but nothing more than that. We were lucky you were around. I was curious what brought you folks out here to Sandpoint, beyond the festival."

You turn north onto festival street as he asks his question, nodding politely at the people who wave on their way to work.

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia answers simply, "Food.

Zia answers simply, "Food. Beds. Baths." She shrugs as she strolls along, maintaining a fairly quick pace, "Your guards didn't want to let me in."