There are currently 0 users and 0 guests online.
User login
Home | Forums | Play by Post | Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
478 replies [Last post]
Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia's Dinner

Zia, the night has come upon you quickly, and you find yourself outside the Sandpoint Theater. The building is modern looking, with many flourishes in the design to make it look even larger than it is. The doors are closed, and you're a little bit early.

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia looks up at the

Zia looks up at the big-but-not-so-big theater and tugs a little on her sheer wrap only feeling mildly out of place in her fancy dress and with her lack of weapons. She looks up and down the street before she knocks, Theater-Kin tend to live in the buildings. It's a known fact. Maybe someone would be there to let her inside! 

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Sandpoint Theater

By the time you land the third knock the door is abrupty pulled open by a man in a harlequin mask and a floppy hat with bells on it. With an exaggerated flourish and not a single word, he motions for you to walk past him into the theater proper.

Inside, past the lobby, you find the playhouse. Rows and rows of benches line the floor, while above on a balcony and a series of booths are fine chairs for the more wealthy visitor. The curtains are open to reveal a plain looking stage with a fine table in the center, where it appears tonight's dinner is taking place. There are five people already present, with a sixth seat available for you.

You can recognize Cyrdak Drokkus, if not by his face then by his mannerisms, as he seems to be telling a tall tale to his dinner companions. The others include a proper looking older human with short hair and beard, both grey with age, a pair of lovely women, one of whom has long, straight brown hair and a dusky complexion, the other a bit older with a great deal of blush and a long pink feather boa around her shoulders, and another man, probably in his thirties, with a bald head and a dark bushy beard. It seems you are noticed.

"Aha, and there she is! What did I tell you, she already knows our ways, fashionably late so we might all behold her upon entrance. Come my girl, have a seat, we're just sampling the salad!"

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia climbs up the stairs on

Zia climbs up the stairs on the side of the stage to get up to the top, golden ankle bells jingling as she crosses the well worn wood. She raises a slender, platinum eyebrow at Drokkus at his comments to his comrades but she smiles all the same, "Only sampling, huh? Guess that makes sense. Sorry I was late, I got held up at the shops."

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Dinner with popular people

"Not at all my dear, come, sit, let me introduce my associates and benefactors. To my left here is my dear friend, Madame Kaye Tesarani, proprietor of Sandpoint's infamous Pixie's Kitten club."

"Charmed my dear. Always wonderful to see such lovely young ladies making a name for themselves."

"Next to her, the insufferable Jesk Berrini, owner of my favorite tavern, the Cracktooth!"

"Miss."

"And here on my right is my good friend and confidant Sir Jasper, Sandpoint city clerk!"

"A pleasure. From what I've heard, you were quite impressive during yesterday's battle. I'm pleased to meet someone who will stand up to protect the innocent."

"Quite. And last, but certainly far from least, my star, my muse, is the beautiful and talented Allishanda!"

"So you're the girl that has Cyrdak all aflutter. Charmed to meet you."

 

Cyrdak motions for you to take the seat between Allishanda and Jesk.

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia has a seat, sweeping her

Zia has a seat, sweeping her skirt with her hand to keep it from wrinkling on the chair before she smiles warmly and winningly at all present, "It's great to meet you all. It was super nice of Cyrdak to invite me to this dinner and it's refreshing to be held in such high esteem!" She glances around the assembled party, trying to glean what she can about them. 

 

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
((Getting a feel for people

((Getting a feel for people is actually a sense motive check, giving you an overall result of 14))

The only real feeling you get is that these people are good at playing their cards close to their chest, which isn't all that uncommon. Still, they're being pleasant enough.

"Now, where were we before our lovely guest joined us?"

"You were telling us about the new play you were writing about yesterday's events."

"But of course! And the very reason miss Zia is here with us. As a renowned playwright, I intend to capture the full majesty of today's events, but I am not so foolish as to do so alone when I have a resource like you available, my dear!"

"Best be careful dearie, he's got that 'I can use her' glint in his eyes. Let it go too far and he'll never let you go."

"Madame you are an awful knave. The very idea! In any case, I will of course be casting our Allishanda in a starring role, and it would be most helpful to her, and to us, to hear the story from your place! Could you be so kind while we wait for our entrees?"

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia settles back in her chair

Zia settles back in her chair and rests her hands on her thighs, "Sure? What exactly did you want to know? There were Goblins, they had horrible rhymes. I'm still not really sure what all they were doing, but that's Goblins. Half the time they don't even know what they're doing. So anyway there was a whole lot of chaos and screaming, that's what people do in the face of danger. It usually makes it really hard to get a good swing in until the area's been cleared or everybody's dead. I'd really just been let into the town, I had to wait at the gates for permission for a while because the guard wasn't all that comfortable letting me in." 

She pauses for a second and crosses her ankles as she thinks back to that whole mess, "I hadn't really met the other four yet, but they helped out which was nice of them. I have the big axe, they mostly just need to not be in the way and it's all good. We got rid of the first wave of goblins pretty handily, it was very bloody and gruesome. Axes aren't exactly clean weapons and great-axes really just magnify that, and there were bullets and daggers and various other manner of sundry weapons going around. Then the second wave started up and there were Goblin dogs. I had the bright idea to use some magic I've picked up in my travels to shrink down one of the riders and it really was the best idea I had that entire day. I'm not sure anything will ever top that."

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
The conversation goes on over

The conversation goes on over the whole course of the dinner, with the focus of the conversation being the how and why of your various actions, in between stories told by one dinner member or the other. Just as you're beginning to wonder what they're really looking to get out of this, Cyrdak makes a declaration as his dessert plate is being cleared away.

"Well, Allishanda, what do you think? Good enough?"

"I should be able to handle it. She's got a very distinct way of speaking."

"Then it is decided! On opening night, the leading role, the firey vixen from parts unknown, Zia, shall be played by Allishanda, darling of Magnimar! Come friends, I have need of a drink to celebrate!"

Almost before you can react, he's up and dancing his way to the door.

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia's eyebrows rise up toward

Zia's eyebrows rise up toward her hairline again as she recalls a town she passed through once that had a folksy-sort-of-hero-worship for a guy that accidentally dropped a payload of gold he'd robbed on his way out of town that made the mud-harvesters rich. 

Was she going to become a town-folk-hero?

Gods above and below, she hoped not. 

Her hair shifts and shimmers like a live flame as her eyes flick up to the rafters above the stage, It could all just burn, but with Drokkus being Drokkus, there was a high chance she'd still wind up being a town-folk-hero for putting him out of a place. 

The ifrit shrugs amicably and saunters out after the dancing loon. Drinks are perfect

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Another day in Sandpoint

The night passes without further incident, drinks are had, good times are enjoyed, and you still find it hard to buy your own liquor if you are so inclined.

Morning comes far too soon after another night of revelry. Yet come it does, with a knocking at your doors in the Rusty Dragon.

"Masters and madams, your friend Lord Foxglove is awaiting your arrival downstairs, and breakfast is ready."

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
At the crack of dawn!

As should be customary Gal wakes up well before dawn, Prepares his things for the day before heading out to side to pray and greet the sun. Remembering that today was the day he was to go hunting with Lord Whatshispant he heads out to the inn to meet up with the others. . . Probably arriving early and already enjoying breakfast when they awake. 

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Melu: Morning!

Melu takes her time getting ready. Her hair is braided, and she's wearing her sturdier traveling clothes; jacket over a light top and loose pants, gloves, low boots, her heavy scarf. She makes sure her bow and arrows are handy, her dagger, and some water, and her new flute in its case. Melu takes some time to mess with it to make it easy to carry and let take up the darkwood flute quickly if needed. Most of her jewelry stays behind; she sticks with some stud earrings, a couple flat rings, and her sapphire choker; anything else might make unwanted noise or snag on things!

The rest of her belongings can stay in her room.

The bard makes her way downstairs, smiling cheerfully despite the previous night's revels. She looks around the room for Lord Foxglove, joining him at the table, and any others who've already arrived, like Galruin.

"Good morning m'lord; hope this is a good day for a hunt. Some of the others may actually be ready to spend some time out of town for a few hours now," she laughs.

((The illustration is approximate, but roughly works!))

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Thank you ma'am" replies Xoe

"Thank you ma'am" replies Xoe at the knock on his door. He quickly finishes up cleaning his gun and heads downstairs. "Goodmorning everyone! Ready for another, let's say interesting, day in Sandpoint?" He grins broadly as he sits down and eats his breakfast.

Rhiza
Rhiza's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-12-10
Solberg: Morning of Hunting Day

Prestidigitation is the greatest thing ever for sprucing up one's clothes and the like, general cleanliness included, so it's only natural Solberg takes a little time to make sure he and his clothes are in good order. Not long after, he heads down to join everyone in the inn's common room, parrot once again riding on his shoulder.

First order of business - get the bird some nuts so he won't get all cranky and ruin the meeting! Second order of business - greetings, salutations and good mornings for everyone!

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
Tel takes a moment to look

Tel takes a moment to look over all the possesions of his pack, deciding that his bedroll and other sleeping kit probably wouldn't be necessary. But, by all accounts everything he owned more or less fit into his pack, or like his longbow could be carried around with him. So after testing the string and checking the fletching on his arrows, he gathers everything else up and heads downstairs to breakfast.. giving a brief wave to those present before grabbing a seat fairly near the others.

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
Galruin already having been

Galruin already having been up a while is quite chipper with everyone as they trickle in. inbetween bites he double checks some of his gear, Making sure his Bolts are secure in their quiver, his holy symbol still attached to his belt. 

"I hope the morning finds you all Well rest! I believe we do have a long and exciting day ahead of us?" He turns to Sir snootypants. "What shall we be hunting today?" 

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia is, of course, the last

Zia is, of course, the last one to ooze down the stairs after a long night of drinking and carousing. Thankfully, oh so thankfully, she hadn't been arrested for anything. That was good! What was double plus good was that her armor is nice enough to go hunting in and what was triple plus good was that her head didn't hurt all that bad. 

Magnificent.

She mostly ignores everyone and sidles up to the bar and drops a few silver onto the surface, her shimmering platinum hair bound back in a few braids to keep it mostly in check, "Food. Spices. Go." 

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Breakfast and hunt planning

Breakfast is ready and as usual comes with a bite to it. The waitress at the bar gives Zia an odd look, as if the very idea of non-spicy food being served to the Ifrit was a thing that could happen. Solberg's parrot grabs a few nuts, then flits over to perch on a deer head mounted on the wall, where he can watch the whole room, ready and waiting to heckle.

Aldern is looking far better than he did on the day of the attack. His hair is slicked back, his clothes clean and pressed, and you can smell the distinct odor of moderately-priced cologne. He shifts his seat closer to Melusina, pulling out a map and giving off an air of eagerness.

"Good morning to you all! I must say, I'm nearly beside myself with excitement. Our prey today is wild boar, they're common in the Tickwoods east of here. Katel!"

The noble waves over a man wearing a hooded cloak over his chain shirt, who comes over and unrolls a map on the table.

Sandpoint Environs

"The stablemaster is ready to recieve you and your companions when you are finished your meal, milord."

"Thank you Katel, we'll head there after our meal. Be so kind as to ready the packs so we can move out immediately."

The hooded man bows to Aldern, before leaving the inn. The nobleman smiles back at the lot of you, though mostly at Melusina.

"As you can see, it's not far at all to the woods, about two hours by horse, a lovely ride through the country. Since I owe you all my life, I arranged a bit of a reward. I've managed to convince Mister Hosk to part with six fine young riding horses. They'll be yours to keep after our trip is done!"

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Morning Person!

"Good morning~!" Melu sings to each of the party members as they arrive, happily sipping tea and digging into her meal, gloves on her lap and her jacket, bow, quiver, and flute case hanging on the back of her chair. The bard may enjoy late evenings telling stories and playing her flute, but she is bright-eyed and chipper in the mornings.

If she notices Aldern scootching closer, she doesn't give indication or notice. She looks over the map, delighting in the view of the roadways, the names both familiar and new, tracing one finger along the road to the Tickwood as she listens, nodding. "Wild boar? I hear that can be dangerous. Should be interesting, though!"

As Aldern describes his gift of the horses, her jaw drops slightly. "Oh my! That's--that's really generous of you, m'lord..."

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
"That is VERY Gracious of you

"That is VERY Gracious of you m'lord." Galruin eyes the map trying to distinguish where they had followed those tracks the day before. He quickly decides he is full and leans back in his chair for a bit eyeing the group over with a smile. 

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Not at all, my dear lady. It

"Not at all, my dear lady. It would be ungracious of me not to reward you as best I am able, so as to ensure your future heroism is unimpeded. Now, let us enjoy this light breakfast and then make our way out, I'm sure you'll want to meet your fine new steeds!"

 

((You guys can decide what breed/color/gender your horses are, they'll all be light riding horses.))

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Alright then, let's get

"Alright then, let's get going!"

Xoe grins brightly as he makes his way to the stables. He chooses a lovely black stallion as his horse.

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia ambles out, squinting a

Zia ambles out, squinting a little as the sun hits her eyes. She eyes the horseflesh and, of course, picks the least offensive beast.

The golden one.

She sidles up to the palomino and eyes the creature, trying to decide how much she wants to hate it. It's a little hard, it's kind of pretty.  

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Melu: Girls and Horses, Oh My...

Melu grins and finishes her breakfast as fast as politely possible, thanking the staff as usual. She follows the others to the stables after the meal.

"My uncle used to sing a little proverb, just to annoy my father. Let's see...

"One white foot, buy him. Two white feet, try him. Three white feet, deny him. Four white feet and a white nose, take him out and feed him to the crows!" The bard warbles.

"My father's favored set for our caravans all had white feet and faces; our caravaners were always so docile. Have to be, with little ones always under foot and climbing on anything and everything..." She trails off, remembering, and then tosses her braid back over her shoulder as if banishing the memories for now as her fingers brush her choker.

At the stables, she joins the others in looking over the selection, until a little, dark bay mare catches her eye. The coat gleams, her nose is small, eyes large and expressive, with a silky black mane and tail--and no white to be found anywhere on her.

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
In the stables Telian does

In the stables Telian does that crazy elf that that all elves seem to be capable of and seems to make an accord with whatver wildlife they come across. A painted Tobiano male with 4 white feet practically fly in the face of Melu's uncle's proverb. They seem to have the same laid back, easy going, non-excitable expression on their face. The horse's perked forward ears are the only indication that the equine was even -awake-. 

"He'll do."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Am_Paint_Horse.jpg

Rhiza
Rhiza's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-12-10
(( Getting the short version,

(( Getting the short version, since apparently my actual post here got eaten by internet gremlins.))

 

Solberg's inspection of the horses available brings him to another one, that like Telian's, is in open defiance of Melu's rhyming proverb. It's a coppery-red chestnut horse with splotches of white across all four feet ... and yes, the nose. And while it doesn't match Skipper's plumage exactly, it's still close enough to be kinda thematic.

The bird actually approves of his master's decisions too, for once.

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
You gather your horses and

You gather your horses and hook your packs to the saddles, and head out the northern gate on horseback. The horses are well-trained, even though none of you have much riding training. Aldern provides advice on mounting the horses, and leads you out the gate on the half hour ride to the tickwood. The sun is shining on a mostly clear-skied day, and your gracious host is full of questions for a certain dark-haired Varisian.

"My dear lady, there has been a question nagging at my mind since the moment we met in the chaos of the Swallowtail festival. You dress in the manner of the traditional Varisians; a dress that suits you quite well, if I may say so, but I have seen nothing of your family. Are you truly wandering the lands alone?"

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Melu: Trail Ride!

"I'm no lady, please; just call me Melu," Melusina says, her fingers toying with the silky strands of her horse's mane.

"I am, unfortunately...separated from my family. My aunt's caravan should be around this area, but it may be some time before they come by Sandpoint. My older brother may be in Magnimar...I don't know, he ran away years ago. It would be nice to find him."

Melu shrugs, and smiles a little. "I should talk to the Mvashtis really. But what about you, m'lord? You seem rather new to the area yourself. Only here for the Swallowtail Festival?"

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
  "Mostly yes, just

 

"Mostly yes, just taking some time to enjoy the weather. My family owns an estate in the farm country south of here, been fallow for some time, so I've taken it upon myself to see it restored. After all, life in Magnimar is nice enough, but there's something to be said about actually -using- the family land." The young noble chuckles. "It will be quite a task to complete however, and tomorrow I must be returning to Magnimar to check on the family businesses. I simply felt I could not leave the area without visiting lovely Sandpoint and her festival, as well as enjoy the hunting. And while the festival had more goblins than I think anyone would like, it has shown me one thing that makes all the horrifying goblins in the world worthwhile..."