There are currently 0 users and 2 guests online.
User login
Home | Forums | Play by Post | Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
478 replies [Last post]
Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Melu blushes a little and

Melu blushes a little and smiles. "Sandpoint is an interesting town! Did you know Drokkus spoke to Zia about creating a play based on the goblin attack? Never did say how that went Zia, though I'm guessing 'well' can be assumed!"

She turns to look back at the ifreeti, wondering just how that hangover's holding up on such a nice morning ride. The others too; there seemed to be a good deal of drinking the night before.

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia clutches on to her

Zia clutches on to her gallant, golden steed for her dear life as the party makes their way to their hunting destination. She tries to look around to her companions to see how they're fairing, but it's sort of hard to stop looking at the hooved beast of burden to make sure it's not going to wheel around and bite her or throw her without warning.

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia, your steed seems fairly

Zia, your steed seems fairly placid, walking along following the horse in front of it. But it -might- be just an act.

"A play! What a marvelous idea. Perhaps I will make my way back to Sandpoint for the premiere! I would be honored if you would join me on that day."

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
Telian had been focusing on

Telian had been focusing on just soaking in the fresh air and the general "outdoorsiness" from getting out of Sandpoint proper. The riding was bringing back memories, as he hadn't gone horseback riding since he was rather young, and relayed as much to the group for the sake of idle conversation. It was actually kind of nice to not have anything to worry about, and he indulged in one of those rare opportunities where he let his guard down enough to not be looking behind him all the time.

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Melu isn't really listening

Melu isn't really listening to Telian's idle conversation; she's trying not to blush as she half-nods at the nobleman. "If um, if I'm still in Sandpoint then, I'd love to go see what the theater does. Thank you..."

She looks around, clearing her throat again. "Are we almost to our destination then?"

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
As the group arrives at the

As the group arrives at the stable Galruin settles on a rather tall (16.8 hands) Thoroughbred with a red roan coat and a white blaze. He gently approaches and scratches the stallion on the forehead taking a few minutes to come to terms with the beast.

"I think I will call you. . . Sunfire. What do you say we have a good ride today boy?" He removes his sword and attaches it to the saddle and puts his quiver on the other side. He tightens his gear and smiles at the group.

Rhiza
Rhiza's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-12-10
Solberg: on the trail

"I'm not a falcon."

Solberg isn't directly involved in the conversation between Melu and the day's gracious host, but in between snippets of talk with Skipper he has been listening in. For now, though, he's dealing with the parrot.

"Come on, Skip. Admit it! You could use a bit more excitement in your life; I thought you hated waiting around when I hit the books."

"Falcons still boring! So dull and serious all the time!"

Hah. "It's not like I'm going to throw you at a boar, Skip. That'd be stupid for any bird." He shrugs apologetically at the rest of the party; the bird can be rather opinionated at times but the sorcerer still wouldn't trade him for anything.

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Let the Boar Hunt Begin!

You enter the tickwood, with Lord Foxglove focusing the majority of his attention to Melusina. About twenty minutes after you enter the forest, the trail you're following opens up into a clearing.

Battlemap

"Here, this should do. Katel will go on ahead and flush the prey to us here, and it will be upon us to bring the beast down! Find yourselves a place!"

 

((You may remain mounted, but your horses are not combat trained, and may panic, forcing you to make handle animal and ride checks to just hold them in place. Squares marked with a triangle are rough terrain, and cost twice as much movement to go through, as well as providing cover if you stand in or next to them. Declare your position of choice, and roll initiative. You can't be sure which direction Katel will be flushing your prey from... ))

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Xoe moves to J10 and waits

Xoe moves to J10 and waits for the boar, his pistol loaded and in hand.

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
Tel moves to H10 and keeps

Tel moves to H10 and keeps his eyes and ears open, ready for the boar, arrow knocked in bow and ready.

 

Perceptiooon!! (Taking 10 for a total of 19)

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Melu: Position and Init!

Melu hangs out at I13, facing the near path that she can see, her bay's rump toward the log in the center. She remains mounted for now, and seems caught somewhere between enjoying the young lord's attentions and being uncomfortable about them, too.

Rhiza
Rhiza's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-12-10
Solberg: Boar Hunt Init

Solberg dismounts and takes up a position on the west side of the log in the clearing, at G11. With Xoe on the eastern side Solberg reasons they've got long-range coverage from that direction, so he's watching the west instead, ready to cast if necessary. He is also readying and loading his light crossbow.

Skipper is still accompanying his master and has for once quieted down. The bird knows banter time is over and listening time has begun.

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia dismounts off the

Zia dismounts off the horrible golden beast creature and takes up a spot at K8. She pulls her greataxe off her back and waits, hair shimmering very brightly in the late morning sun that filters down through the trees.

 

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
Galruin dismounts his steed

Galruin dismounts his steed and sets it by some trees and sets himeslf up at o14 his Crossbow at the ready, his quiver of bolts secured to his belt, and his sword once again on his hip. He looks around at the group and surveys the clearing checking for movement.

 

Perception - initiative 

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Battlemap ready

(( Just going to post the map to make sure you're all happy with the arrangements, and post the order of players when the hunt begins!

BATTLEMAP

Initiative

Solberg - 25

Telian - 20 with init bonus of +6

Zia - 20 with init bonus of +5

Melusina - 17

Galruin - 12

Xoe - 5

 

Fight starts tomorrow, so if you want to make any changes, better post tonight! ))

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Solberg Wins Initiative

Not long after you take up positions around the clearing, you can hear the loud bang of a thunderstone come from the west. Within moments, two boards come crashing through the underbrush. They squeal in fear and fury as they spot you, and move in to attack!

BATTLEMAP

Solberg, you are luckily quick on your feet this morning, and will act first.

Rhiza
Rhiza's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-12-10
"Here comes the bacon!"

"Here comes the bacon!" Solberg shouts once the boars are in sight. They're entirely too close for comfort and he's holding his crossbow, NOT his spear. Well, that might be problematic. On the other hand, there is this nice, big log he can put between himself and the boars by heading over it. Hopefully it'll slow them down if they decide they want a piece of him.

He rushes over the log (to I-11) with Skipper following in close proximity; once he's on the other side he turns and fires his crossbow at Boar A. The sooner they're dead, the less harm they can cause to the party and the sooner they can be hauled back to town and eaten!

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Telian, you're up!

You vault over the log as the boars come crashing through the brush, balancing your crossbow on the log and firing. Sadly though, the shot merely grazes Boar A, dealing no lasting damage, and only seeming to enrage the creature more!

BATTLEMAP

Telian, you are next to act!

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
Tel takes in a measured

Tel takes in a measured breath as he pulls back the arrow, takes aim, and lets it fly. It had been a while since he'd done any serious archery, time to see if he still had the skills.

 

(( Attacking with the bow, leaving it up to you to determine whether the boars have technically acted yet this combat. Will roll sneak attack just in case.

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia, engage!

Your arrow strikes home, piercing the flat-footed boar's flesh just beside its head. The beast squeals in pain and fury from the attack, kicking up dirt and foliage.

BATTLEMAP

 Zia, you are next to act!

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia grins and pulls one of

Zia grins and pulls one of her trusty throwing axes off of her belt before moving to F11. She reels back and attempts to throw an axe down onto Boar A. 

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Melu's turn

You get in position, and have an axe ready to throw. However, the effort required to get over the log and in position has taken too much time!

BATTLEMAP

Melusina is up next, and those boars look mad!

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Galruin is next!

Melusina begins to sing a hunting song, weaving her words with magic and inspiring you all, granting +1 to save vs fear, and +1 to attack and weapon damage rolls!

Boar A squeals in fury, and rushes at Telian, ignoring the firey axe woman who's reach he must pass. This allows Zia an attack of opportunity!

((Using the attack roll Zia had before))

The axe, though not balanced the best for use in melee, still hits home, carving the flesh from the boar as it rockets past, intent on goreing Telian. The pain of the blow causes the boar's charge at Telian to miss however, as the nimble elf hops out of the way, bow still in hand.

Boar B, still unharmed, charges the closest target that presents itself, being the same firey warrior. Distracted by her attack on the first boar, she is unable to get out of the way of the second, and the boar slams its tusks into her abdomen, drawing blood and knocking the wind from her.

((Boar A takes 8 damage, misses telian. Boar B crits Zia for 11))

 

BATTLEMAP

 

Galruin, you are next! Sheets are updated to include damage done and inspire competance buff. Zia is down to 1hp.

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
Garluin winces as he notices

Garluin winces as he notices the boar about to skewer Zia, Quick on his feet and realizing how bad a wound that had to be he sprints to get to his companion as quickly as possible. 

"I am coming horns!"

 

(Run to g12 i believe? touching the bottom right corner. at run 3x movement cause I am wearing heavy armor?)

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Xoe's turn!

Galruin lowers his crossbow and runs as fast as he can, getting close behind Zia to be ready to heal her, as well as secure a line for her to retreat.

((Outright run for Galruin is at x4, as he's in medium armor, not heavy. That means taking a full round action to run, he can move 80feet, easily enough to reach Zia's side. ))

Aldern kicks his horse forward, holding forth his longspear properly designed for such a hunt. Riding south of Zia, he jabs at the creature with his spear, cutting it along its shoulder.

((Boar B takes 3 points of damage))

I'm posting from work, so enjoy this terrible MSPAINT battlemap until I get home and do it up proper.

MSPAINT BATTLEMAP

Xoe, you go next.  Remember that shooting into melee incurs a -4 on your attack, but at close range you will ignore the boar's natural armor bonuses.

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Keep it together, Horns!

"Keep it together, Horns! Don't let a side of bacon take you out!"

Xoe fires his pistol at Boar A, as Boar B seems to be well in hand.

Firing with a +2 total modifier and using Focused Aim if it hits, then reloading with standard ammo as a move action.

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Solberg, boars!

You wait until you think you have a decent shot, but when the smoke from your pistol shot clears, it is clear you struck nothing but dirt.

MSPAINT BATTLEMAP

Solberg, it is your action! Make some magic, or make use of your longspear's ten foot reach, allowing you to attack targets two squares away!

Rhiza
Rhiza's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-12-10
Solberg: Boar Hunt Round Two

"We are NOT going down to bacon after all those goblins!"

Zia's in a lot worse shape after that boar strike than Solberg thought she could possibly be. Sadly, as inexperienced as he is with melee weapon fighting he can't get the longspear up while jumping BACK over the log to deal with the boars. Good thing one's still in reach!

(Solberg is switching from the unloaded light crossbow to his longspear, then using it to attack Boar A. Relying on Drogar to resolve any attack penalties for stabbing over the log, if there are any.)

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
Tel nimbly slips past the

Tel nimbly slips past the boar in his face so that he's now to the north of it. (5 ft step to G9)

With some quick thinking he drops his bow and draws out his short sword, ready to stab at it while it's distracted. He makes a wave at Zia toward him, showing he can help keep the boar off balance and help finish it off should his strike not take care of that for him.

 

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia, achieve great vengeance!

Solberg, try as you might, you can't get a good clean hit on the boar, its thrashing is just too fierce.

 

Telian, your quick footwork pays dividends, as you land another good hit on the boar's flank. Its lost a lot of blood now, and is probably standing more due to ferocity than any actual sense of health.

((Boar A is hit for four damage, and staggered))

BATTLEMAP

Zia, you're up next.