There are currently 0 users and 0 guests online.
User login
Home | Forums | Play by Post | Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
478 replies [Last post]
Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
The very angry, and very

The very angry, and very injured Ifrit, takes a step to move in to flank Boar A. The very angry, and very injured Ifrit ditches the hand axe and reels back with her great axe, aiming to bring it crashing down on the neck of poor Boar A with a very powerful attack.

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Melu's up next!

The very angry, and very injured Ifrit brings her axe down with all the power her firey blood can muster, and her axe carves deep into the boar's shoulder. Bone and muscle are exposed to air as she pulls her axe free, but the boar remains standing, entirely due to its ferocity.

((Boar A takes 13 damage, is staggered and dying))

BATTLEMAP

Melusina, you're next to act. Your horse is quite skittish at the moment. You will need to make a DC 20 ride check to perform any actions this turn, or it will attempt to flee the area.

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Melu and the Skittish Horse!

Melu sees how badly Zia is hurt, but Galruin is near her now...and Melu's lovely bay is understandably upset and freaked out by the boar fight. She needs to try and get control and keep the beast from bolting. Her song is abruptly interrupted, though she resumes quicky enough, moving her horse to the other end of the clearing, away from the combat but where she can still support her comrades.

She strokes the horse's neck, trying to reassure the creature, and continues her bardic support for now.

((Moving to N13))

 

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Galruin, you're up!

Boar A, horrifically wounded, continues to try to gore Telian. However, the injuries are taking their toll, and the boar cannot land a blow on the graceful elf.

((Boar A takes one point of damage due to dying))

Boar B squeals in fury at its new attacker, and lunges at Aldern's horse. It ducks beneath the spear, but misses the horse's tender flank, only managing to tear up more dirt and leaves.

((Boar B misses))

BATTLEMAP

Galruin, it is your action.

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
Reacting as quickly as

Reacting as quickly as possible Galruin reaches out his hand, laying it on Zia's wounds he mutters the prayer appropriate to hopefully repair the damage done by the boar and keep her in the fight. 

 

(Spontaneous casting Cure light wounds (using sun metals prep) 

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Xoe, you're up!

Zia, Galruin utters a prayer to his goddess, and lays a hand on you. It feels like the touch of the sun on a hot day, and the pain of your wound lessens under the welcome heat.

((Zia is restored to 9 out of 12 hp))

Aldern attempts to bring his spear around, urging his horse to back away that he might spear the creature. He manages to score a telling blow, skewering the creature's flank, though he is unable to pin it.

((Boar B takes 8 damage from Aldern's spear))

BATTLEMAP

Xoe, it is your turn.

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Xoe grins seeing the boar in

Xoe grins seeing the boar in the open and steps within range and fires his pistol.

(Move to I12, Firing at Boar B, using Focused Aim if hits)

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Solberg next!

Pistol reloaded, Xoe dashes south, aiming at the boar right as Galruin presses forward, and pulls the trigger. The cloud of gunsmoke fills the air as the bullet flies true, striking the boar through the midsection. The boar's legs waver, as the creature is staggered.

The bushes to the west rustle as Katel, Aldern's manservant, comes through, wielding his spear.

"I apologize, Lord Foxglove. I did not see the second until I flushed them from their den."

The man's spear strikes true, opening a wound in the boar's hindleg.

((Boar B takes 7 points of damage from Xoe, and 4 points of damage from Katel, and is now staggered and dying. ))

BATTLEMAP

Solberg, it is now your turn. Both boars are staggered, with Boar A on its proverbial last legs. Both are still threats, however.

Rhiza
Rhiza's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-12-10
At this point, it's not worth

At this point, it's not worth taking any chances. Solberg had heard (and probably read!) that boars can be incredibly dangerous, but booksmarts are NOTHING like hands-on experience. No saving spells for later, if the boars aren't brought down NOW they could still do a lot of damage. As it is, he's going to have to buy Zia a beer later or something.

Boar A looks to be soonest out of the fight, and Solberg is going to help get it there. It's flying arcane fist time!

Magic Missile versus Boar A.

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Telian is next!

You utter the words of power, focus the energy, then release it in a glowing fist, rocketing through the air. The missile whips around Zia and goes straight through the boar's wound, spraying blood onto the dirt and causing the boar to finally collapse, dead.

BATTLEMAP

Telian, you are next. Only one boar remains. It is possible to flank with someone who is using a spear, so long as a line drawn from you to them passes through opposite sides of the foe you wish to flank!

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
Tel shifts past Zia, setting

Tel shifts past Zia, setting himself up in a flanking position with the boar flusher, taking the careful approach to avoid an attack from the frenzied boar. He drives the shortsword home to try and finish this before it can gore anyone else.

((Moving to F12, heading through Zia's square and coming in diagonally.))

 

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Angry Ifrit's turn.

You carefully approach the frenzied boar, and attempt to land a killing blow. Sadly, at the last moment the creature thrashes, causing you to only strike bone rather than soft flesh.

((Telian deals no damage to Boar B))

BATTLEMAP

Zia, you're up next!

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Angry Ifrit moves to E-11,

Angry Ifrit moves to E-11, feeling mildly refreshed and ready to kick ass and make bacon. She flashes a smile to Galruin in thanks before hefting her greataxe and attempting to make quick work of the poor boar.  

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Melusina activate!

You make your move, and slash the boar with your axe. You open a new wound in its side, causing its legs to shake, barely staying on them.

BATTLEMAP will be updated when I get home tonight.

Zia has moved into melee at E11. Melusina, it is your turn. Your horse is calmer now.

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Melu Again

Melu tries to move her horse up a few steps (K13), just a bit closer. She'll take her bow take a shot at the boar if possible, though she doesn't really expect to hit anything--just trying to contribute beyond her song!

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Galruin, let this baconbattle end!

You guide your horse using your knees, continuing to sing as you nock your arrow to your bow, raising it and firing. However, your caution in not wishing to shoot a friend in the back results in your shot falling short, burying itself in the dirt between the boar and Lord Foxglove's horse.

((Melusina's bowshot misses.))

The boar, bleeding profusely, uses what is left of its strength to launch itself as Zia, scoring a blow across her thigh, drawing more of her blood.

((Zia takes 5 damage from the tusk attack. Boar B loses 1hp due to dying.))

BATTLEMAP

Galruin, you're next. Zia's still hurt, and the boar is on its last legs.

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
Stupid pig!

I -just- healed her, and now she had to charge in there and get all sliced up again. Saranae help me not to kill her too. Galruin's thoughts race a bit after he sees horns take another blow.

Quite fed up with the boar by now, and not wanting to fire his crossbow into the fray he drops it, Wanders to flank the boar accross from zia he throws all his strength into a kick at the boars vital spots. it wasn't the most logical approach but he was sure it would atleast make another target for the animal, if not put it down. 

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Finally....

Well, you definitely gave it another target. As you move into position and raise your leg to kick, the creature spins, stabbing a tusk into your shin. Your kick is thrown off as pain shoots up your leg from the piercing and the simple strength behind the blow.

((Christover provokes an attack of opportunity and takes 9 damage. The boar takes 1 damage for attacking while dying.))

However, the boar's distraction leaves it open, as Aldern brings his spear down once again, this time driving it through the beast's neck, pinning it to the ground as the squealing comes to a sudden halt, the boar finally dead.

((Foxglove's spear hits for 5 damage. Boar B dies.))

"Huzzah, we are triumphant! Two mighty beasts slain!"

VICTORY

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
"Glad that's over. Horns?

"Glad that's over. Horns? How's that wound?" He wanders over to the ifrit and bows his head in a quick prayer channeling his aura to hopefully patch her up a bit more and heal his own minor wound.

"If you're gonna make every swine we come across angry, we are gonna need to get you some better armor. With curves" he says with a smile.

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
Telian sheathes his blade and

Telian sheathes his blade and picks up his bow again, idly stringing an arrow while keeping a sharp eye on the clearing in case anything else should happen to come across the group.

"So is this nickname officially sticking at this point? I like Zia alot better. Also the nickname is longer than her actual name..."

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia puffs up and seems a

Zia puffs up and seems a little flustered by all the attention, "It is longer than my actual name and the armor I have is just fine thank you very much. I'm not some delicate flower. Like this is the worst I've had, please. It's a couple of fucking boars and Cleric-boy here gets a tusk jammed through his leg but no it's all about poor fragile Zia." She keeps talking, but it's in what seems to be fairly grumpy sounding Ignan. 

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Melu puts her bow up and

Melu puts her bow up and rides back over to the others. "Um, Zia, can't understand the rest of that..." It sounded angry, whatever it was, so she wasn't worried about it too much, actually. "Really, Galruin, ought to see to your own injuries, leg wounds can be dangerous."

She dismounts and casts her own healing spells on the injured parties.

Rhiza
Rhiza's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-12-10
Solberg: Post-Bacon

"No kidding. That was, ah ... quite the experience. I mean, there's a pretty big difference between reading or talking about something and actually going out and doing it."

Yeah, Solberg hasn't really been on a hunt like this before! As he talks, he does a quick round of the clearing to make sure he's got all his equipment, and to recover any spent ammo if it's in any condition to be reused. He knows he fired one bolt himself...

"Sorry, I'm not so great with a spear. Probably best if I stick to the flying fisticuffs for now."

 

( Taking 10 on Perception +3, for 13)

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
"I meant no disrespect Zia,

"I meant no disrespect Zia, the thrashing you took would have done alot of people in. I just don't like to see my friends get injured. And thank you Melu, My leg feels much better." He smiles and rubs at this calf just to make sure everything is in working order before wondering back to get his crossbow. 

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Oh, calm down, Horns! We all

"Oh, calm down, Horns! We all did fine!" Xoe twirls and holsters his pistol then steps up to Zia and claps her on the shoulder. "So, who has to carry these home, and when do we get to eat 'em?"

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"We simply need strap them to

"We simply need strap them to Katel's horse, and bring them back to town. I'm sure you can convince madam Kaijitsu to cook them up for tonight's dinner! Come, let us return triumphant to Sandpoint!"

((No such luck recovering your crossbow bolt, Solberg. It was snapped with the impact.))

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Hunting is no boar

You recover your horses from where you tied them up, and begin a pleasant journey back to Sandpoint. Noon has just barely passed as you ride west towards the town, Lord Foxglove going on at length of how impressed he was, though it seems he attributes far more credit to Melusina's beauty and song than may be actually due. Still, if he's smitten with her then he's less of a problem to the rest of you. His man, Katel, rides in silence, one of the boars strapped behind his saddle while the other shares horse with Telian.

You reach Sandpoint around the second bell, riding through town, being greeted by the townsfolk who congratulate your hunt, adulation that Lord Foxglove certainly seems to enjoy, before finally coming to the Rusty Dragon. Stabling your mounts, you aid Foxglove and Katel in as they enter triumphant, carrying the boars between you.

"Hail, innkeep, we return victorious with tonight's repast! Not one, but two tickwood boars!"

Ameiko grins from behind the bar, tossing the rag she was using to tidy up to rest on her shoulder.

"Not bad, city boy. To be honest I half expected you to come back with a bunch of tusk wounds. I'll get these lovely beasts into the kitchen."

With a few barked orders in her native tongue to bring out her servers who haul the boars into the back, she leans on the bar with her grin still present.

"Let me know if you kids want a drink. Your game should be ready to eat by dinner time, so try not to get too bored."

((You all have about four hours if you wish to engage in any crafting, shopping, or other stuff. When you are ready to proceed to dinner, let me know!))

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Good! That'll give me a

"Good! That'll give me a couple hours to replenish my ammo."

Xoe goes upstairs and makes 5 Paper Alchemical Cartridges (he should have 11 total with this, as he had 6 left before and the number of cartridges isn't listed on his sheet) for 30GP.

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Melu: Waiting for dinner!

Melu has no pressing business, and a handome young nobleman is paying attention to her, so she hangs out in the Dragon, playing her new flute for the amusement of the patrons present and enjoying being flirted with while sipping an occasional glass of wine.

At one point though, she does ask, with an apologetic smile: "I'm sorry, but how should I be addressing you, m'lord? I'm not exactly knowledgable of proper etiquette in these matters."

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Roll your schmooze check

"Oh my dear Melusina, though some would consider it improper, I would be honored if you would call me Aldern. I can hardly hold my station above such a lovely vision to whom I owe my life."