There are currently 0 users and 0 guests online.
User login
Home | Forums | Play by Post | Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
478 replies [Last post]
Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
"Well, Sir, if there is

"Well, Sir, if there is anything I could help you with in your studies be sure to let me know, I expect I will be in town for quite a while." He smiles. "I don't suppose you know anything of a weird clearing we encountered today. A  clearing with a large stone in the center? That struck me as odd."

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
Tel unslings his pack, gear,

Tel unslings his pack, gear, and Gal's shield... removing his leather armor while grabbing his apron and tools. The elf administers face-rubs and ear scratches to a couple of the hounds as he speaks.

"The Sheriff wanted us to investigate a robbery that happened near the church.. see if it had anything to do with the goblin raid, and try to track them down if they were still anywhere close by. Did you see anyone wandering around at odd hours during the last couple of days?"

Tel quickly gets to work, not waiting for an answer... and honestly not expecting one. Being a couple hours behind isn't bad if you're organized, and know how to prioritize the work. The methods might seem confusing and impossible to some, but Tel was both dextrous and smart, with a ridiculously good memory and attention to detail. It wouldn't take long to catch up and hit a good stride, assuming he gets the opportunity to work..

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Melu nods at Galruin's

Melu nods at Galruin's question. "That's a good point. If the Old Light was a weapon--or anything else--there had to have been more buildings around here, wouldn't there? Are there any other interesting, accessible ruins in the area?"

She looks at Solberg and Xoe, and smiles an apology for holding them up with academic fascination.

"We should probably start thinking of letting the sheriff know about the cloak....Or uh, did Zia already leave to do that? I know Telian had to get back to work, but I didn't notice when she left...?"

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Yeah, she ducked out as soon

"Yeah, she ducked out as soon as you guys started chatting." Xoe replies as he leans on the wall near the door. "I guess ancient evil overlords and weapons of mass brightness aren't her thing."

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Sandpoint drama

Telian

"So what, you work for the sheriff now, is that it? Last I checked, knife-ears, you were -my- apprentice. If you want to stay that way, you'll damn well stop running off when there's work to do, y'hear me?!"

Zia

The girl blushes at your compliment.

"My name's Shayliss, Shayliss Vinder. My papa's named Ven. If you see your friend, just let him know to come find me? Pa's got plenty other things to occupy his time, I'm just trying to help where I can."

The rest

"Ruins such as the one you describe are the whole reason I moved out here, my young friends. The entire region is a treasure trove of Thassilonian remnants. Were it not for the hazards found off the roads and our remote location, I suspect there would be far more expeditions being mounted. Should you young folks find anything you need help with in your travels, I would be more than willing to assist you in the research. I'll even mention you by name in my papers, which as I'm sure you realize would be quite an honor!"

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Just come see you, got it!"

"Just come see you, got it!" Zia smiles amicably at the girl, "What was the name of your shop again, Miss Vinder?"

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Vinder General store, thank

"Vinder General store, thank you kindly miss Zia."

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia bobs her head and bows in

Zia bobs her head and bows in respect to the girl, "Of course. I'll let him know as soon as I see him. Now, don't let me keep you from the great work you do for this city. Have a nice day, Miss Vinder!"

Rhiza
Rhiza's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-12-10
Solberg! FINALLY.

"I'm definitely in the right place, then. I realize I've spent nowhere near as much time as you have on matters like this," Solberg admits, deferring to the sage's expertise as graciously as he can, "But all the little tidbits that have floated by over the years - snatches of information, speculation about the ruins - I've had interest in what I could learn about them for a little while now."

To Melu's question Solberg can only grimace a bit. "I think she skipped out on all the academics and the history. Not sure exactly when, I was a little enthralled by our gracious host's good work here!"

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
"No more 'working for the

"No more 'working for the sheriff' than anyone does when the town is in danger.. but if you'd like me to stick around and finish -more- projects that are left unresolved at the sound of a cork popping, maybe we can come to a gentleman's agreement... I won't go help a single soul when you're sober... easy win yeah?"

Tel keeps working on his projects, not skipping a beat.. but keeps his legs tense, ready to react if the master smith chose to respond... physically to his offer.

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Smithy brawls aren't as fun as bar brawls.

"Why you skinny piece of-"

His speech is cut short by him focusing on tossing an iron ingot at your head, which you are able to dodge. He's grabbed a large pair of calipers and appears to be wielding them as an awkward club.

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
"Have you ever wondered why

"Have you ever wondered why you can't keep an apprentice more than a week or two until I came along? What did you tell yourself? Is every single apprentice you've ever had awful? You think it has absolutely nothing to do with your attitude?.. Your conduct?.. "

"How about you go and earn some of tha respect you think you deserve from this town instead of doing literally everything in your power to make people despise you.. Or does the town not even mean anything to you.. did you even care that people got killed by the goblins?.. If not why are you even here?"

Tel keeps his guard up, watching the smith's reactions, both physically and mentally.. seeing not so much if he touches a nerve, but hits home somewhere, figuring out if there's really more to this guy than just a talent marred by alcohol and temperment.

(( Full defensive stuffs))

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Adventures in Sandpoint

Zia starts to hum again as she finally makes her way to Water Street. She wrinkles her nose a bit at all of the ships and, well, water before heading east toward Festival Street. Everything seemed so much more normal without crazy festivals or Goblin raids happening. Recognition dawns on her when she reaches the Market Square and she glances over toward the general direction of the Rusty Dragon. The ifrit girl chews on the inside of her cheek as she debates going and changing into her regular-about-town clothes. They were so much easier to get around in than this armor.

But the armor is pretty damn sweet. 

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
Galruin looks about the room

Galruin looks about the room for a second drawing his attention to a window. (If one is present.) 

"I Would like to thank you for the bit of history lesson, Sir. Though I think its about time I made my way to the sheriff with this information. Though I suspect we shall have other dealings in the scope of things." Galruin smiles and politely excuses himself. 

 

When he gets outside he stops to take a long look at the old light, he wonders what treasure and power it used to contain. 

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Anger and Flamboyance

Telian

Korvut doesn't speak, simply shouting as he swings his makeshift club. He puts a great deal of strength for it, and it's a testament to Telian's ability to dodge and the fact that heavy calipers aren't designed with effective assault in mind. The calipers bounce off the anvil nearby, throwing Das slightly off balance.

Zia

As you stand in the street, trying to decide on something, you hear a clear, proffessional voice ring out.

"There she is! What did I tell you friends, an exotic beauty who stands out and dazzles even in the most practical of wear, a true jewel of faraway lands."

The well-dressed man sweeps up to you, bowing deeply with a flourish, taking your hand for a gentle kiss if you allow it.

"Cyrdak Drokkus, m'lady, at your service. I am the proud owner of Sandpoint's famous Theater, and I am deeply honored to make your acquaintance."

Behind the man are three well dressed humans, two men and a woman, who politely attempt to introduce themselves before being interrupted.

"My dear lady Zia, tales of your beauty and bravery in the face of dire goblining have enraptured the entire town. Even now I am penning an epic play so that we might tell the story to those around the world in only the finest playhouses. I was hoping we might speak about you starring in the opening production, that the finest noble families of Magnimar might see your glory for themselves!"

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Melu: Moving On is Probably a Good Idea

Melu takes one last look at the scattered, nigh-incomprehensible papers on Quink's desk before smiling at the old man.

"We really should be going; I'm sure the sheriff will appreciate hearing we likely don't have a necromancer in the area, thanks to your skills, sir. I do hope I can come back soon and hear more about your theories."

She looks at Solberg, Galruin, and Xoe. "Come on, boys, we should let the good sage rest, and get ourselves something other than bread. Telian'll probably be busy, but I doubt Zia went to the sheriff herself. Gods only know what she's getting into--that girl's classic trouble if I ever saw it."

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
After mullling over the tower

After mullling over the tower he smiles as the group joins him outside. 

"I dont suppose anyone knows where the sheriffs office is?" He smiles and looks down the road toward the center of town. 

 

At some point he needed to attend to his business in the Temple. Perhaps after their business with the lawman was complete, but for now he permaturely starts to wander down the street hoping one of his companions can help remember. 

 

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Galruin Spot DC: 5

Galruin, you can see directly ahead, on your right, the large stone building that serves as the Sandpoint Garrison and jailhouse.

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia blinks as the owner of

Zia blinks as the owner of the theater kisses her hand. She looks around, making sure he's got the right girl, then tilts her head to the side, hair beads clinking together, as she regards him, "...You're sure you don't mean the Varisian Bard, right? I mean, she'd probably be better at the whole "acting" and "preforming" thing than I am. ...I mostly just smash stuff. But I could try, I guess? When would the production be? It can be a little hard for me to commit, what with the whole nomadic, adventuring lifestyle."

She shrugs easily, "Tell me more." 

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Xoe nods to Melu. "Right, we

Xoe nods to Melu. "Right, we might want to go find her before she gets into som trouble.  Thanks for your time, sir!"

Xoe heads out the door (presumably with the rest of the group) and heads to the sheriff's office.

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
Perhaps it's against the

Perhaps it's against the grain of common sense, but Tel is going to remain on the defensive and try to talk some sense into the man.

"Would you just -take a minute- and think about what you're doing! You're flailing around like a madman trying to brain me with calipers! You'll damn well kill someone someday! Calm down, take a walk, do something! But stop this while you can...."

Tel carefully maneuvers around so he's right next to his gear, keeping a wary eye on the smith, not knowing what he'll do next but preparing for as much as possible.

(( Standard action to disengage.. etc etc.))

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia "Of course my dear, but

Zia

"Of course my dear, but not here in the streets! Come join us for dinner tonight in the playhouse, and we can talk business. A pleasure meeting you!"

With that, the man whirls away, followed by his bemused retainers.

Telian

"You think you can come in here, learn from me, then toss me aside to be a goddamned hero? Go off and get yourself killed, wasting my time? I'll save us both the trouble!"

He charges, swinging again. However, his drunkenness betrays him, and he stumbles past you. You make make an attack of opportunity if you wish.

Everyone else

The garisson is one of the few wholly stone buildings in Sandpoint. When you enter, you see a constable sitting at the front desk, who silently jerks a thumb to point upstairs to the sheriff's office, the door of which is slightly ajar.

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
Gal nods to the contable and

Gal nods to the contable and heads up the stairs to the sheriff's office. 

"Sir?" He says pushing the door a bit more open so he can stick his head in and make sure its alright to enter. "We have some new findings to report I believe."

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
The sheriff looks up at you

The sheriff looks up at you from the reports he's reading. A passing glance reveals many of them to be debreifings from the attack yesterday.

"Glad to hear it, go ahead and take a seat. What have you learned?"

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
The cleric pushed the door

The cleric pushes the door wide open so he and his companions can make their way in. He finds a seat and slides into it. 

"After you left the scene I managed to trace the tracks over the wall and into the forest, from what I found there were six goblins and someone human sized. From there the group managed to follow them deeper into the woods to a strange clearing with a boulder in the center, Where we sadly could no longer follow the trail. " 

He leans back in the chair following his statement. Perhaps the others had something to add. Or they can just  relay the sages information. 

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
Telian takes advantage of the

Telian takes advantage of the smith stumbling past to retrieve the sap from his pack. Even with the drunken man flailing and swearing at him, very much swinging for the fences the elf refused to defend himself with a more deadly weapon than this. He'd killed before yes.. in his years before coming to Sandpoint.. but every time there was a reason, and as dangerous as this situation might be.. they still weren't at that point. Everyone in town knew Telian as the easy going, simple, but sharp eyed smiling apprentice.. a man that caused no trouble and didn't seem to posses a bad bone in his body. Very few had ever seen him upset or angry... but this had been a long time coming.. and the elf's temper surfaced as a cold, sharp blade of ice.

"You need to wake up.. and wake up right quick and get this notion the hell out of your head that every damn person in this town is out to exploit you and put you over a barrel. What kind of sick and twisted existence do you bask in where saving lives is a sin, and being your whipping boy is a blessing. You mistake being accomodating.. with weakness... diligence with subserviance.. and self-sacrifice with betrayal."

Telian looks the smith over appraisangly.. no longer content on just running about and hoping he'd tire himself out and pass out. The human was now a threat and proper retaliation considered appropriately...

"One more step...and I drop you like a bag of hammers.. and let the guards sort out who was in the wrong between the drunken flailing smith who hates everyone..  and me."

 

((move action to draw sap, Standard Action to Ready an Action to strike if he comes at Telian again.))

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Telian The smith has no words

Telian

The smith has no words left for you, only blind, drunken rage. He hurls himself at you once more, but this time you're ready for him. You swing your sap...

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
Telian doesn't hesitate while

Telian doesn't hesitate while swinging the sap.

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Drunkeness combined with

Drunkeness combined with recklessness leaves him wide open, even for a clusmy hit. Your sap strikes him in the head, causing him to fall face first to the ground. He's still breathing, but not moving. The dogs are whining now, unsure of how to react.

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
...Congrats Tel? Meanwhile in the Sheriff's Office...

Melu sidles in after Galruin, looking around the office quickly to take in details.

"The Sage looked over the cloak; the enchantment's done for, luckily, but it looks like the magic on it was the source of the skeleton-things that attacked us. Something someone had to buy to make a good, scary show and put a fear of necromancy into anyone who stumbled into that tomb."

She looks to see if Xoe and Solberg have anything to add.