There are currently 0 users and 0 guests online.
User login
Home | Forums | Play by Post | Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
478 replies [Last post]
Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
I got the freebie award! :D

Tel sighs deeply as the most illustrious master smith falls to the ground. He hadn't put his heart into the strike by any means, despite trying to psych himself up for it.. his anger faded fast and all he felt now was sad for the sorry state of affairs that his smithing master calls... life. 

He puts the sap back in his supplies and goes to the dogs.. kneeling and stroking their faces, giving them hugs.

"It's alright guys.. just needs a nap.. "  The elf trails off while thinking long and hard for a few moments.

He then leaves the smithy to try and flag down a guard or two, or at the very least a couple of neighbors who'd be willing to help, explaining that Korvut had been drunk.. and gotten himself hurt... and would likely need to sleep some time off in the jail..

Returning to the smithy, Tel starts working on Gal's shield right away... looking over at the dogs again, genuine sadness in his eyes.

"If this doesn't work out...I'm going to miss you guys.. you're good boys.. very good boys.."

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia shrugs easily after the

Zia shrugs easily after the Theaterkind leave her be, "Right. Dinner. I really need to get a social planner." She moseys off, carefully avoiding getting too close to any alleyways.

Rhiza
Rhiza's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-12-10
Solberg nods to Melusina,

Solberg nods to Melusina, confirming her report. "She's got the gist of it. The robe was essentially a one-shot way for someone to drop a small army of undead on the spot - even someone with no actual skill in necromancy. Whoever it was, they've already used up the entire thing."

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Good to know there's not a

"Good to know there's not a necromancer on top of everything else."

The sheriff sighs a weary sigh.

"Thank you for bringing that to me. Now I just need to figure out why the goblins are working with someone who enjoys desecrating the graves of good, holy men."

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Melu - Sheriff's office

"Surely you have an idea of where the goblins nest? Maybe a good excuse to go round them up and root out a few of them. I mean, whoever this is had to have found them and roused them to action, right? Pretty sure the little creatures will squeal when pressured."

Melu shrugs. "It may be that we've done all we can for the day. There's other business to attend to as well, like tomorrow's invitation to prepare for."

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
The Garisson "For the most

The Garisson


"For the most part the goblins nest far from the beaten path. There's a ranger in the region who keeps an eye on them, but she's not due back in town for another month. I'd be loathe to send anyone out after them, especially if there's a chance of another raid. For now, I'd rather keep what forces we have close to home. We've already tried interrogating the survivors, but haven't been able to get anything useful out of them. Probably because they're too stupid or crazy to understand the questions."

The Smithy

It's only a few hours after Das is hauled away when a trio of guards approaches you sheepishly. You've finished the repairs to Galruin's shield, but adding spikes will be a two-day project and not normally in your wheelhouse. The lead guard sighs as she begins to speak, slightly unnerved by the canine eyes watching them.

"Mister Windgrace? Master Korvut woke up... and he sent me to tell you that you were fired. I'm sorry, I really am. The boys and I would be happy to help you with your things. it's the least I can do after what happened yesterday."

The other guards look equally contrite. It's clear they find this disagreeable considering how you've risked your life for the town.

"I hear the other heroes were bunking at the Rusty Dragon.. did you want us to help you get your stuff over there, at least for now?"

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Well, Sheriff, you're in

"Well, Sheriff, you're in luck!" Xoe begins, a bright smile on his face. "We excel at getting information out of people, goblins included. Maybe we could have a chat with them?"

(OOC Note: Man, I really hope Xoe can speak Goblin... I haven't looked at his sheet.)

(Edit: Nope, Xoe doesn't speak a lick of Goblin... But he's still going to try!)

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
The Garrison

The Garrison

"Well, it can't hurt to let you try. Just be careful, they like to bite. I'll have someone escort you down to the cells."

A few minutes later, you are standing with a pair of guards outside an iron-barred cell containing two goblins, one of which was the dog rider than you crashed with a shrink spell and another goblin dog. That one is chasing a cockroach around the cell, while the other is clinging to the bars trying, with amazing lack of success, to chew through the bars with its freakishly large mouth.

 

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Melu - Garrison

Melusina wrinkles her nose. "Ugh, I think I'll pass. I think even my charms would be lost on those little beasts.

"I did have another question though, entirely unrelated, if I can take just a very teent tiny moment more of your time, Sheriff?" Melu smiles sweetly.

If allowed to stay in Hemlock's office while Xoe goes to play with goblins again, she start with him in asking about Aldern Foxglove, wanting to learn more about the noble and what to expect on this proposed hunting trip in thanks.

Also probably a good idea to let the sheriff know they're already occupied tomorrow.

After talking with the sheriff and declining the chance to spend more time with those smelly little monsters, Melu will saunter back into town, gathering more information about Foxglove as she slowly makes her way back toward the Rusty Dragon in a roundabout circuit.

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Gather Information Result

Melusina

By the time you make it back to the Rusty Dragon, you've managed to learn that Lord Foxglove is part of a noble family that hails from Magnimar, who inherited the family holdings from his father just a few years ago after coming of age. Not many in Sandpoint recognized him, and believe he likely just came up to Sandpoint to get away from the bustle of the city and enjoy the festival and some hunting, as the nobility of the trade hub tend to do once in a while.

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia

The Ifriti girl, rather than head back up the street, turns and heads into the Rusty Dragon. It's been a long morning, the ale is likely flowing, and there's food to be had at Ameiko's tables. She sidles up to the bar and hops up onto one of the stools and flags down the barkeep, "Alright here's what I need. Do you have cinnamon whiskey? Of course you do. Okay so take some apple cider, make it hot, then pour in the cinnamon whiskey. Bam. Done. Perfection in a glass. ...If you can't do that just a whiskey's fine, but the former's preferrable. I need the spice. The spice must flow."

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
Telian nods to the guards,

Telian nods to the guards, his expression showing his disappointment, but the lack of surprise at their declaration demonstrates that it was something he had expected.

 

"Alright.. just give me a chance to put away everything and put out the forge-fires..I want everything to look nice."

The elf quickly and quietly sorts tools and picks up things that had been scattered about because of his confrontation with Das.. as well as what they had both set out to work on. He's trying to leave the place is as pristine condition as he can with the time allotted to him, and makes sure to leave everything that had been allotted to him, with the smithy.

It takes only a minute or two for Tel to gather up his belongings that he hadn't packed up for the investigation at the cemetary, as he didn't have a ton of wordly possesions to begin with.

Finally he takes a knee before the five dogs and gives each one a little of his time, a face scratch here... ear rubs there... a hug, scritching just under the collar.. he knows what each hound likes the most.

"You boys be good.. okay?. You're good good boys,, I'll try to see you guys soon..you have to be good.."

With a sigh of regret Tel rises and turns to the guards as he steps out of the smithy..

"Can't be mad at you guys for just doing your job... but If he's going to be more than a day can someone please feed them?.. it's not their fault things turned out like this."

Tel makes the treck over to the Rusty Dragon and slips in quietly, in full passive mode. His normally pleasant demeanor taking a noted back seat to dissapointment and general gloom. He orders a strong drink if any of the staff make him out in the crowd of patrons and slip over to the corner he grabbed.

 

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
Galruin clears his throat as

Galruin clears his throat as mention of extracting information from the goblins. 

"I think I will follow Melusine's lead and head out if that is all. I will be no good with these. . . things." he quietly nods to the Sheriff and Xoe. 

Once he is outside Galruin gathers his bearings and heads to the temple, casually keeping his eye out for any shops that may draw his attention. He had hoped to get a chance to speak to the priests of Sarenrae. When he arrives at the temple he searches for the shrine to Dawnflower, and quietly says a short prayer. 

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Xoe follows the Sheriff,

Xoe follows the Sheriff, obviously a little disapointed most of his companions abandoned him to this task alone.

He looks to the goblin rider and begins to question them.

"Alright, little guy. We need some information. If you're good, we'll be good to you. I know, I'm the big bad man with the big bang, but I'm not here to hurt anyone, I just want to find out what happened. Do you think you can work with me here, my little friend?"

(Xoe will be using Diplomacy to try and get them to talk to him and tell him what he wants. The following is information I'm looking for, though if anyone has other ideas please let me know)

  1. How did you get into the town?
  2. Who encouraged you to attack?
  3. Where is your warren/den/hole?
  4. What is your favorite colour?
  5. Did you know the attack was just a distraction?
  6. If so, do you know why?
  7. Do you know anything about the crypt that was broken in to?
  8. What was the person breaking into the crypt looking for?
  9. Do you know anything about this robe?
  10. Why is your head so big?
Rhiza
Rhiza's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-12-10
Solberg's not going to leave

Solberg's not going to leave Xoe totally alone with this! Besides, if there's going to be a yelling match with a captive goblin Skipper might get to have a little fun joining in the banter, and if anything untoward happens a little extra help could be a good thing. He follows the sheriff's lead, arriving at the cell with Xoe.

Solberg is not the greatest at this persuasion thing, but if he listens to how Xoe handles the situation, maybe a bit will stick with him in the future. For what it's worth he offers a little aid as well, after a quick casting of prestidigitation for the sake of minor tricks if he needs any.

"I'd listen to the guy with the boom-stick. Everyone else is pretty mad about the attack right now; he's likely to be the nicest person you get for a while."

For his part, Skipper's perched on the sorcerer's padded shoulder, just waiting for one of the goblins to open its noise-hole and try to say something.

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
At the Jail.

"Alright little guy, first question. How did you get into town?"

"Easy. We run in and start killing!"

"Lovely, and useless. We know you were working for someone, who told you to attack the town?"

"Some longshanks make deal with chiefs. Me not pay much attention to meeting, too busy eating stuff."

"How lovely for you. Was this in your warren? Where is your tribe?"

"Up your butt, longshanks! Hehehehehe!"

"I wonder if you're even capable of giving a straight answer... what's your favorite color, goblin?"

"Orange. Like the sweet berries that don't make you sick if you pick 'em fresh."

"Alright, that's something at least. Did you know your little botched raid was just a distraction, all your lives thrown away to let someone else steal something?"

"Distraction? Nah, we got lots of you longshanks, and your little -dogs- too!"

"So you don't even know why you attacked? You just think it was to kill people?"

"And steal stuff. Don't forget stealing stuff!"

"Like graveyard stuff?"

"Yeah, like graveyard stuff. Leader took some goblins and snuck into graveyard while we were killing you. Good times."

"Do you know what he went in there to steal?"

"Easy. Graveyard stuff. Stuff in graveyard. Duh." The goblin rolls his beady little eyes at you.

"Do you remember your leader wearing a black robe?"

"Yeah, he was a longshanks so he needed to be extra sneaky, since he's so tall and clumsy and ugly!"

"Alright, last question ugly. Why is your head so big?"

"To hold my big brain, you stupid LONGSHANKS! Stuuuupid stupid longshanks!"

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Back at the Rusty Dragon

Melu bounces into the Riusty Dragon, whistling a jaunty tune as she beelines for the bar. "Something sweet here! I'll leave the spice to Zia and our dear hostess." 

Melu hops into a seat and spins a bit, spying a certain elfsmith. "Now why oh why is Telian sulking alone in the corner? Since Xoe and Solberg would rather poke goblins, and the cleric's wandered off--probably to pray, holy types do little else--Tel should join us for dinner right, Zia?" She'll try to wave Telian over.

"I've been trying to ask around about our invitation tomorrow. Seems the young gentleman is a mystery and almost as new to Sandpoint as the lot of us. Should be an interesting hunt, then, don't you think?"

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
After he has spent his time

After he has spent his time praying Galruin gets up and peers around for the head priest. Perhaps the father could point him in the direction of the Sarenites(?), though any of the clergy could probably point him in the right direction. 

 

(Search check if its not blatently obvious where the priests are.)

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
At the Church

There are a dozen acolytes in the temple, serving under Father Zantus. One or two of the permanently stationed acolytes worship each of the six gods honored in this structure, and Father Zantus, while a follower of Desna, is knowledgeable on the rites and teachings of the six. There is an acolyte currently tending to the shrine to Sarenrae that you have been praying at.

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
Telian was thorougly ready to

Telian was thorougly ready to sink his evening into some expensive booze and figure the rest out in the morning. But then he noticed Melu specifically waving at him to come over and that changed those plans right there.

For one, he was so used to not being noticed in crowds.. it took him a few moments to realize he was the one actually being waved at. And in all honesty it felt nice to be recognized. The elf rose and easily wound his way through the patrons and found an open spot near the girls.. giving his best smile and pushing away the earlier events for now.

"Ladies you spoil me.. how can I be of service?"

Tel tries his best to wave down Ameiko and fishes into his pouch for some of his reward money. He was going to order a drink of quality.. nothing crazy expensive but something he'd longed for but could never justify getting on his former salary.

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia smiles enigmatically at

Zia smiles enigmatically at Telian and shrugs, "Wellll, for starters you can tell me what you know about the theatrekind in this town. I was invited to dinner by the... Well he was the most flambouyant one. Drekkers..? Drustan? D-something." 

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Trio at the Dragon

"Well, the Handsome Hat and Birdman would rather talk to goblins, and the cleric's doing what clerics do, so you have no excuses now to sit quietly in the back, all mysterious," Melu teases Telian. "Zia and I aren't that scary, are we? Well, maybe Zia is."

The bard grins, and then peers at Zia. "Invited you to dinner? Really? Was it the one trading quips with Ameiko yesterday?"

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Ha~!" Zia laughs, "It. I

"Ha~!" Zia laughs, "It. I like that, it is good. But yes! Called me a jewel and went on and on about how I should be in their next show. I think he mistook me for you, I really do. Whatever, I won't turn down dinner." She shrugs amicably and leans on the bar.

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"You're very easily amused by

"You're very easily amused by a common turn of phrase, as in 'who is it?' Maybe they did mistake us, but I wouldn't turn down the dinner either if I were you. I'm sure they'll still enjoy your fiery personality." Melu winks and requests a drink.

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Xoe returns to the Sheriff,

Xoe returns to the Sheriff, with some success at least.

"It looks like the leader did know that this was a trap. They were put up to it by a man in a black robe, likely the same robe we recovered. He made a deal with their chief to have the goblins attack the town while he snuck into the graveyard to steal 'Graveyard stuff'. Not terribly useful, but it's more than we had. He did also slip one other small bit of information, which I hope will be useful. He mentioned orange berries that don't make you sick if they are fresh. Do you know what he might be talking about? I'm hoping it's not something that grows everywhere... That might get us a clue as to where these goblins came from."

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
Telian chuckles at Melu's

Telian chuckles at Melu's question. "If by scary you mean free-spirited then yes.. you're two of the scariest ladies I've ever come across. It's a quality I always appreciate."

The elf turns to Zia to answer her question. "You're referring to Drokkus.. .Cyrdak Drokkus, and yeah he owns the theater here in Sandpoint. It's actually very good and draws more people than you'd think from out of town.. lots of aspiring actors and such come out here and try to garner Cyrdak's attention."

"He's originally from Magnimar, but he's never told anyone straight up -why- he's invested the time and money to build such an impressive building here in Sandpoint. He's quite passionate about his theater work... and the ladies, and when there's an opportunity to mix the two, he's sure to jump on it."

"Though I think it's worth mentioning he's seeing someone in town.. the Town Hall manager in fact."

"Also... he sets an excellent table, at least from what I've heard."

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
The Garrison

The Garrison

"Can't say I know much about berries, my family gave up the nomadic lifestyle long ago. You might want to ask Madame Mvashti, if you can get an audience. She's a old Varisian wilder, has a temper in her old age but she spent her whole life in the region, traveling with her family. She lives in the old manor house on Festival Street. Just be respectful, she doesn't give a lot of time to people she deems to be lacking in respect."

The sheriff leans back in his chair and sighs, hands on his head.

"Thank you for your help, friend. I'm hoping that you and your friends can find out what's going on, for now I need to finish this paperwork to get those little freaks on the next paddy wagon headed to Magnimar, and then brief the mayor and the town council. If I'd known becoming Captain of the Guard would result in this much paperwork, I might not have taken the job. Let me know if you find anything else of substance, and again, I'd appreciate if you keep a high profile around town. It's doing good for the townsfolk to see their new heroes hanging about."

The Rusty Dragon

The sound of Ameiko's rapid-fire Tian shouting from the kitchen comes to an abrupt halt as she emerges from the kitchen, carrying Zia's meal of spiced venison. She grins as she approaches the three of you.

"You left out the part where Drokkus is a talentless hack with more money in his purse than sense in his head. You're better off telling him to go screw and singing for the crowds right here in the Dragon than getting caught up in his frippery."

Ameiko sets down the piping hot meal and looks at Melu and Telian expectantly.

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
At the Dragon

Melu laughs. "Ah, but showing up the talentless hacks is part of the fun isn't it? I can play anywhere and I'm happy to play for your patrons anytime, theaters seem far too formal."

Melu eyes the steaming food on Zia's plate with trepidation. "Um, less spice. As in none. I'm afraid my tongue and stomach are far more delicate than our ifreeti friend here."

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
"I'll take mine about halfway

"I'll take mine about halfway between these two." Tel gestures to Zia and Melu for emphasis

"I could also use something alcoholic.. kinda strong and out of my price range.. and I'll buy a round for them while I'm at it. You don't get fired every day."

Tel does his best to be friendly and sociable, but at least Ameiko would know that it's bothering him alot by virtue of the long hours and work he put into it. Telian is a bit of a perfectionist in whatever he does.

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
The Rusty Dragon

"He -fired- you.. that.... that..."

Ameiko breaks off into an impressive tear in Tian. At least, you think it's an impressive tear, at least based on the body language and tone of voice being used.

"Won't even give you the dignity to quit on his sorry ass? Well, here's to him screwing himself!"

Ameiko grabs a bottle from beneath the bar and a set of mugs, filling each with hard liquor. She slides one in front of each of you and holds her mug up for the toast, clattering her mug with each of yours before downing the contents.

"Alright, I'm gonna make you some food. You sit right there and if Korvut shows up, make sure he doesn't leave before I get to lodge one of my boots up his ass."