There are currently 0 users and 0 guests online.
User login
Home | Forums | Play by Post | Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
478 replies [Last post]
Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
Tel takes a hefty drag from

Tel takes a hefty drag from his mug and gives himself over to the alcohol's burn, managing not to cough or joke in an embarrasing fashion. This stuff was good.. instantly evoking that "Oh this is what people with money drink" feeling.

The elf blushes a little at the tips of his ears from the spirited retorts from Ameiko, smiliing a little as she heads off to make food. The owner of the Dragon was the epitome of the quality Tel admired the most in humans.. living your life every day to its fullest and saying exactly what was on one's mind.

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
With Tel and Zia

"Fired? Seriously? For what--saving the town? Fulfilling a request from the sheriff? Bringing in the clerics business? So far everything I've heard about this blacksmith suggests he's soft in the head," Melu says, shaking her own head.

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
Galruin turns to the priest

Galruin turns to the priest tending the alter. 

"Excuse me, I don't suppose you could help answer some questions for me? How do you tend to so many faiths here? Is there someone to over see each gods tenants?" He smiles and runs his hand through his hair. "I dont think I have ever been to such a grand church before."

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
The Cathedral

"I'm happy to help, brother. The six gods honored by this cathedral are allies in the heavens above, each tending a different aspect of civilization. While each of the acolytes here venerates one of the gods in particular, we are taught the ways of them all, how together their great power brings peace and prosperity to their followers all. Father Zantus is quite knowledgable in these matters, and has skillfully led prayers to each of the six.

My name is Arensus, humble follower of Shelyn, Bringer of Song. I believe you are a follower of Sarenrae, the Dawnflower, are you not?"

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
"I am, growing up I spent

"I am, growing up I spent most of the free time I could get studying with Father Mercius back home. It was not as much as I would have wanted, which is actually what brought me here. I had hoped to perhaps talk to the Father. Perhaps see about joining the Cathedral."

He smiles and shifts his weight. That was a bit faster coming out then he had wanted. Oh well, its to late now. He will just have to go with it. If they had room he would soon know. If not he could always pack up and move on. After he gathered enough money and supplies that is. 

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"This is the part where I say

"This is the part where I say I'm not an actor or anything. I smash things with a giant axe, that's what I'm good at. Also setting fires. I'm good at that too." She jabs a fork into the venison and tears off good hunk of the meat before jamming it into her mouth, the spices tingling her tongue. She chews a bit before packing some of the meat into the corner of her mouth like a chipmunk, "I mean, 'm not gonna say no t' free food. Nomads learn early on t' never say no t' a free meal. 's rude, an' also -free-." 

She shrugs a bit before pointing her fork at Telian, "'m also not interested in him in the slightest. He's too... Frilly." 

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Madame Mvashti, right... I

"Madame Mvashti, right... I suppose that's my next stop! Hopefully she can be of some assistance. I'll pass the message along to my companions, and we'll make sure we're seen around town. I'll let you know should I come accross anything new, Sheriff."

Xoe heads off from the Sheriff's office and heads to Madame Mvashti's home on Festival Street. He knocks on the door respectfully and waits for an answer.

Rhiza
Rhiza's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-12-10
Solberg wasn't terribly

Solberg wasn't terribly impressed with the goblin after Xoe's questioning, but he was also left feeling his own performance in the cellblock was a little weak. Oh well, there's always a next time, until you die.

"I haven't had much cause to talk with goblins before," Solberg remarks along the way, following Xoe to Madame Mvashti's. "Or anyone else being held in jail, for that matter. If we ever have to do that again, I'm hoping I can get a few pointers before then - if you don't mind sharing the master's secrets, that is!"

"Goblin windbags just full of hot air," Skipper interjects. "Collects in their heads, comes out their faces. Want hot air, light a fire."

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
Telian grins a bit at Zia.

Telian grins a bit at Zia. "Well I don't think you have too much to worry about from him.. he just reeeaaally likes imagining the pretty girls he runs into cast into his dream roles for some sort of play or another. But yeah.. free food is free food."

 

Telian just shrugged st Mel. "He seemed to think that I'd gotten all high and mighty hero on him and didn't need to work anymore. Which is a little frustrating because even with everything going on I made sure to catch up on all my stuff for the day... even fixed Galruin's shield for him."

The elf thanked Ameiko deeply once he got his food, taking a couple of hearty bites before continuing his story.

"He'd been drinking when I got back... helping out at the cemetary seemed to be the last straw or.. something. Just started opening up on me.. and for once my patience gave way to frustration and I started talking back. It just seemed like a waste... nobody gets that good at -anything-, let alone smithing unless they truly loved the craft and were driven.. I just wish I could have seen more of that man before... whatever it was that changed all that."

"But... that's when he actually started swinging red hot tongs and other tools at me bellowing in some sort of terrible drunken rage. I had to do something before he or I got seriously hurt so uh... I kinda had to knock him out."

"That's when I had to go out and call for some guards to pick him up and give him a chance to sleep off whatever and how much he'd drunk.. and when he came to he sent the guards to kick me out.. I can't be mad at the guys for doing their job.. so.. I gathered up all my stuff. I'm going to miss Das's hounds...they were good boys."

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
The Cathedral

The Cathedral

Arensus smiles at you.

"I'm certain Father Zantus would be more than happy to call you brother. As I'm sure yesterday made clear, the acolytes here are mostly scholars, not traveling clerics used to the various threats on the road. I'll go and summon him for you."

It is only a few minutes before he returns, a beaming Father Zantus, seemingly recovered from the morning's panic, in tow.

"Brother Arensus informs me that you were seeking to join our congregation on a more permanent basis, and I couldn't be happier. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I tell you that you are welcome here, Brother. Your presence among us is truly a sign of Lady Sarenrae's favor."

You are shown to a room on the second floor of the cathedral, a small chamber with a bed, a small desk, and the usual this and that. Welcome home.

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
The Streets

The Streets of Sandpoint

As Xoe and Solberg make their way through the busy streets, they are stopped by an attractive, young, red-headed girl, out of breath and smiling nervously.

"Mister Xoe! I'm so glad I found you! I- I mean, my father, helps your need, I mean, needs your help! Well, me really."

The girl stops for a moment and takes a breath.

"My family runs the general store down on Main street. I was helping out this morning when I saw giant rats in the basement! I swear, one was almost as big as a goblin! My father won't believe me, he's too busy worrying about the rumours about my sister having a secret boyfriend. I was thinking, since you're so dashing and you have that remarkable weapon, you could come with me and deal with them for us? I'm sure my father will be more than happy to reward you once he sees the rats once you're done!"

You notice that, for the entire exchange, she's barely even acknowledge Solberg's existence.

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Giant rats, you say? I think

"Giant rats, you say? I think we could handle that, right Solberg?" Xoe flashes a smile at the girl. "How many do you think there were?"

Xoe will follow the girl to her family's store to deal with the rats with Solberg.

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
The Streets.

"Oh no no, I won't, I mean, -we- won't need both of you, it's just some rats! Easy for a big strong adventurer like you. And you were on an errand weren't you? I'm sure your friend can take care of that while you so selflessly help me out!"

She takes Xoe's arm and gently tugs him away from Solberg.

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
Galruin peers around his

Galruin peers around his room. He smiles and turns to Father Zantus and the Arensus. "Thank you, It is quite the blessing being welcomed with such open arms. I am looking forward to serving with you both."

(If there is a window in the small room.) Galruin looks out briefly to check the time. He will have to get back to the inn at some point tonight to gather his things. He should also check to see if there is any new information and inform the others of his new quarters. 

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia nods and finally swallows

Zia nods and finally swallows her spicy bit of food, washing it down with a hopefully equally spicy drink, "He did want me to be in a play or something. I think he vastly overestimates my ability to be a people person. Then again, if I'm playing me that won't be too hard." 

She stops suddenly, "Oh, damn. I'll need to find something nice to wear. My travelling clothes are pretty worn." 

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Melusina shivers at Telian's

Melusina shivers at Telian's description of his fight with the blacksmith. "Gods, it sounds like you may be better off. I...empathize with what you've been through, really. Maybe this is a good opportunity for you, though. You're obviously a skilled fighter, after all, on top of the skills you have at the forge. Can get pretty far with both, in my experience."

The bard turns back to Zia. "Oh, there's nothing to being on stage, really. Let the material do the work and carry you along with it. But as for outfits suitable to a nice dinner...well, sounds like an excuse to go shopping to me!" The Varisian grins at Zia.

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Umm... Alright, I suppose...

"Umm... Alright, I suppose... Solberg, why don't we meet at the Dragon in a little while and go see Madame Mvashti with the others a little later. It's just some big rats, nothing I can't handle alone, I suppose."

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Xoe & the General Store

Shayliss brings you to the general store. Inside you see an amazying myriad of goods for sale, but no one on the main level.

"Daddy's probably upstairs, come on, I'll show you to the basement."

She drags you over to a door surrounded on either side by shelves, opening it and guiding you down. The basement is mostly filled with crates and barrels, lit by an oil lantern hanging from the roof. Right in the middle is a cot, with blankets and pillows, and a scent of lavender. You see no sign of any rats. This is compounded when Shayliss presses herself against you and kisses you on the lips.

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Xoe's eyes widen slightly in

Xoe's eyes widen slightly in surprise at the kiss. This was not really what he expected, but thinking back it seems like it was rather painfully obvious that this was her intended outcome. While it might be an entertaining daliance, he can't help but think of what the Sheriff had said. They were supposed to be heroes of the town, set an example...

Xoe keeps telling himself that's why he's pushing her away. In truth, it's the tought of her father just upstairs. He's spent many cold hours in his britches hanging from a woman's windowsil as their husbands, fathers, older brothers, or anyone else burst through the door. He didn't have to take much of a look around to determine that there's nor much of an avenue of escape should it come to that.

"My dear," he begins, mentaly scrambling, "we really shouldn't be doing this. I don't think your father, or the townspeople would approve. As much as my body cries to follow through, I have to stay true to what the town thinks of me. They would see me as a monster! Someone who would use his newfound fame to seduce a beautiful young girl. I'm sorry, my dear, but I cannot. But I will leave you with one last kiss."

Xoe leans in and kisses her, letting his kiss invigorate her. At least she'll have something to remember him by!

(Using ability Invigorating Kiss, and Diplomacy to smooth things over)

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia glances over at the

Zia glances over at the Varisian girl and balks a bit, "Uh. Yeah. Sure does. I guess. ...Shopping. That's just... That's great. Shopping." She drinks more of her drink and swallows it thickly, having the notion that she and the Bardess probably had VASTLY different styles of what they thought was hip and keen when it came to fashion.

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
The general store basement

Shayliss leans into the kiss, holding you tight. It's a kiss for the ages... although it may not be thought of as such by -everyone-, judging from the thud of a dropped box behind you at the stairs.

"What... who.... you.... What are you doing to my princess you... you brute?!"

Ven Vinder is behind you on the stairs, blocking the only exit. His face is red with anger and he's already pulling back his sleeves.

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Mister Vinder! So glad to

"Mister Vinder! So glad to see you!" Xoe exclaims moving away from Shayliss and extending his hand to Ven. "You should be very proud of your daughter." He turns to Shayliss and gives her a quick wink. "I'm sorry, Shayliss but it's best we tell your father what's going on here, I'm sure this doesn't look good in his eyes."

He turns back to Ven and smiles. "Your lovely daughter here is planning to try for a part in one of Mister Drokkus' productions! She was a little worried her performance would come accross as wooden, and asked me to try and help her. I put my life on the line to save the town, so who better to help."

(Bluff check, ideally with some additional modifiers with an aid from Shayliss, if she gets the queue!)

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Melu - At the Dragon

"Oh, it's not THAT bad, Zia, it's not like we're going to the gallows. Truth be told, I haven't actually been shopping in...a long while. No real opportunity. You're not the only one on the road all the time, y'know. It'll be nice to see what's available and browse if nothing else.

"And sweetie, you really do need something more appropriate for a nice dinner."

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
After some small talk with a

After some small talk with a few of the acolytes on his way out of the church Galruin makes his way to the inn. Life was starting to look up and he was enjoying every minute of his recent success. He smiles as he notices his three compatriots chatting in the main room and wanders over to their position. 

"I suppose Hat and Birdboy haven't returned yet." He says as he looks between them, trying to figure out what is going on. "Care if I join you?"

 

He nods at the barkeep to bring him a drink. 

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Xoe's one lucky guy.

"What? Is this true, Shayliss?"

"Oh! Uh, yes, Daddy! I really want to... be on stage?"

You cringe a bit at her poor attempt to follow up your lie, but it seems to get the job done.

"Well, I suppose that's alright, though you shouldn't be doing such things in the basement. People will start to spread lies like they do about your sister, and we don't want that. As for you..."

Vinder turns to you, putting a large, meaty hand around your shoulder, and pulling you in close.

"Thank you for helping my little darling, but next time, I think you can help her out without getting that into your performance, hm? Now, get on out of the cellar. It's no place for customers, and -you- have inventory to do young lady! I'll be upstairs in a few minutes if you want to buy something, friend."

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"I think our Bard is about to

"I think our Bard is about to drag me off to go shopping, actually. Feel free to woo Telian into the dashing and wonderful life of not being consistently employed though, he just got fired because his former boss is an assbutt. Buy him a drink. Or five. I'm not sure what people do after they get fired, I've never had a job before." She pauses, "Oh, wait. I do techcnially. I was once hired to never come back to a town ever again and my compensation was not being incarcerated. Good stuff."

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
Galruin turns to the rogue

Galruin turns to the rogue and lets out a nervous chuckle.

"I am sorry for your loss. Did you perhaps have enough saved up to hold you out while you look for more work?" He looks Tel over and pats the elf on the shoulder.

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
Tel just shrugs a little bit.

Tel just shrugs a little bit. "Well... I'll get by. I don't have a mountain of silver piled away for just such an emergency, but I'm faily resourceful in other ways. I appreciate your concern though. Sorry about the shield.. didn't really have the time to put the spikes on between my return to the smithy, and my departure."

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Of course, sir!" replies

"Of course, sir!" replies Xoe, smiling brightly. "I just wanted to make sure it was as real as possible for the young lady. Nothing brings me more joy than a good performer! I should really get back to the Dragon and let my companions know what's been going on since the attack yesterday. Keep safe, Mister Vinder."

Xoe smiles as he saunters out of the shop and makes his way to the Dragon.

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
"Well, I tell you what, I

"Well, I tell you what, I just got a room at the church. my tab here should be good for a few more days so you can go ahead and take my room when i get my stuff out of it." He smiles and settles into his chair. "Got a early morning again tommorow don't we? Got a blue blood to babysit."