There are currently 0 users and 0 guests online.
User login
Home | Forums | Play by Post | Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
478 replies [Last post]
Rhiza
Rhiza's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-12-10
Solberg: WAT JUST HAPEND

Having watched Xoe being 'abducted' by Shayliss, Solberg is left completely at a loss about what just happened. It's a bit boggling - almost stupefying, even. Of course, Skipper would have one believe it's gone well past 'almost.'

"Wow," the bird whistles. "Tossed overboard! Dead weight!"

At least that's taken Solberg from stunlocked to simmering. "Shut up, Skip. I think we should be finding the others right about now..."

The sorcerer heads off for the Rusty Dragon at a brisk pace; he ought to arrive before Xoe does because XOE IS GETTING BUSY. He's got TWO things he'd like to talk to the others about now - Madame Mvashti, and Xoe's unplanned detour in town! When he arrives and spots the rest of the group, he calls for them immediately.

"You aren't going to believe what's happening."

Naturally, the bird chips in with his own commentary - "Boomstick man's taking his pants off!"

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Melu - Dragon

"A room at the church, huh? Going to join up with the clergy all offical like?" Melu asks, smiling at Galruin.

When Solberg comes in, she raises a brow. "I was going to ask how the goblin chatter went, if it went anywhere, but sounds like things got interesting since then..."

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia cackles gleefully, "Ten

Zia cackles gleefully, "Ten silvers says it was a red haired girl."

Rhiza
Rhiza's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-12-10
Solberg: YES.

"Got it on the first try," Solberg gives Zia a nod. "She caught up to us between talking with the sheriff about the goblins who actually survived yesterday, went on about giant rats in her basement and peeled Xoe away to deal with him. She was rather emphatic about taking ONLY Xoe, too."

He then turns to Melu while his parrot familiar finds something convenient in the Dragon's main room to perch on for a bit. Master can't poke him for his occasional bouts of heckling if he's out of reach! In the meantime, Solberg starts giving Melu the short version of all that transpired while he and Xoe were away, finishing off with the sheriff's mention of Madame Mvashti and the berries he's inevitably destined to try to talk with her about.

"Oh, by the way," Solberg says, turning back to Zia after his brief briefing is done, "Your little pint-sized friend isn't pint-sized any longer, sorry to say."

"So sad," the bird adds.

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Melu - Enjoying Gossip

"A little redhead huh? Not too surprising--plenty of girls would be hanging on our hat-wearing friend after yesterday's heroics. And why not, he's pretty darn cute."

Melu listens to Solberg's recounting of the goblin interrogation, and the suggestion to see Madame Mvashti. "I probably ought to pay respects at least. If it's a clue as to wher the goblins are coming from, it'll be worth finding out. We probably ought to pay attention tomorrow, too, on our hunt. Never know what we'll turn up and our host isn't much of a fighter."

The Varisian grins cheekily. "Granted, I'm not either, I just make sure the actual fighters have good accompaniment!"

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
Galruin smiles when Melu

Galruin smiles when Melu regard him. 

"As devout as I try to be, there is only so much a person can learn about the gods in the hour or so break a day I was could get away from chores growing up. It was the whole purpose of my being here really, and they seemed quite happy to accept me, Something about most of the acolytes being the studious types, not fighters I think."

He chuckles at solberg. 

"I figured he would be getting lucky pretty soon. girls love them some mysterious stranger." 

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Xoe saunters into the

Xoe saunters into the inn.

"So, did you fill them in, Birdman? Sorry, I got pulled away by some love striken young girl. Her dad almost beat the tar out of me too, but I managed to smooth it over. Not that anything really happened. I've got a reputation to uphold here! I don't want to be known as the guy who takes advantage of smitten young women. Well, not again at least..."

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Was it Shayliss Vinder, of

"Was it Shayliss Vinder, of the Vinder General Store? She approached me earlier looking for you, poor thing. I would've warned you had I seen you ahead of time, but I'm taking it you didn't hate her advances either. Not surprised~." She rolls her eyes and finishes off her lunch.

"Alright, Bardess. Lets go shopping before something else happens. I've got a dinner date to get ready for." 

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"I'm sure your reputation

"I'm sure your reputation will sort itself out before too long, Xoe," Melu teases.

"Hrm, perhaps we should swing by the Madame's place first with the boys, and then hit the stores on the way back. Especially if Xoe's managing to upset all the shopkeepers with nubile daughters."

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"That sounds like a good

"That sounds like a good idea, though we have to be very careful to be respectful with her. This is sort of a shakey lead, but it's all we've got to go on."

Xoe pauses and smiles at Melu. "And you don't have to worry about the shopkeeper. We told him I was helping her practice for a one of Drokkus' plays. It really wasn't anything to talk about, though. Just a kiss, really, nothing more."

"So, shall we be off then, ladies and gentlemen?"

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Just a kiss and nothing more

"Just a kiss and nothing more sounds like the excuse I used a lot. Still, I'm supposed to have dinner with that Drokkus guy tonight. He wants me to be in his show! Or something. That'll be a disaster."

She nods at Xoe, "Sounds like we've got important Hero work to do, so lets go." 

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Mvashti Manor

Just north of the market square, the group of you come to a stop in front of a house you have passed before, but only now really examined. It is an ancient looking manor, slowly succumbing to the ravages of time and not enough maintenance. The door is shut and the curtains are drawn, though a heavy brass knocker sits in the center of the door. On the guardrails set in either side of the stairs, you can see a carving that was crudely removed, a common sight around Sandpoint.

Cerwis
Cerwis's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Zia's eyes get wide as she

Zia's eyes get wide as she stops and takes in the state of the building in front of her. There's a flicker in the back of her eyes and her hair gleams and glimmers under the heat of the brilliant Sandpoint Sun. 

This place would make a beautiful fire. 

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
Galruin looks over at Zia as

Galruin looks over at Zia as the group arrives. "That is quite the sight, eh Zee?" 

He looks the building over again, scratching the back of his head as he takes in the sight. 

"Lets be careful in here. Creepy worn out old building and all." He lets out a nervous chuckle. 

 

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Mvashti's

"It's just a bit disrepaired. I guess they don't have anyone to help with the maintenance. It's not like being in a caravan and keeping up a wagon."

Melusina approaches the front door and studies it a moment, before taking hold of the knocker and thumping on the door.

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Madame Mvashti's Home

The knocker booms loudly on the stopper as you knock, and then take a step back. It is a full minute before you hear latches being undone, and the door is opened to reveal an elderly woman in a very colourful dress and hat.

"I already told you, we don't want any-... oh, hello there dear, didn't notice you there."

The woman opens the door fully, stepping out to size up Melusina.

"Now aren't you a pretty thing. Haven't seen you around before, did you get separated from your family? Poor dear, come in, we'll see to you."

She gently pushes Melu towards the door, completely ignoring the rest of you.

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Mvashti's!

"Y-yes, I did..." Melu tries very hard not to fidget under the old woman's scrutiny. She hesitates at being herded, glancing behind her at the group.

"May my friends join us inside? At least for a short time, so they don't get too concerned, you see? They are a curious bunch, too."

Melu smiles, utterly deferential to the elder Varisian but still using her charms in a totally sincere manner--an act won't go over well, even if the bard were inclined to use one. And she's not.

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
Galruin moves for the door

Galruin moves for the door when he notices the old woman trying to herd Melu inside. 

"Ma'am, We would like to speak with you!" He reaches out just in case she makes it though the doorway. "We all came here together! We were hoping to ask you about some local berries"

He wanted to make sure Melu did not end up in there alone, Mvashti was quite eager to get the 'lost' young woman into her house. Gal was quite quick to assume sometimes and  the house and the crazy old lady all added up to one thing in his mind. 

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
The old woman blinks, almost

The old woman blinks, almost as if seeing you for the first time.

"Ah, I see. Found yourself some bodyguards did you girl? Good, it's not safe for our people to be wandering the roads alone. Come on in, but take off those muddy boots! I just finished my weekly cleaning and I won't have you mucking things up."

The old woman turns and reenters the house, leaving the door open for you to enter.

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
Tel was more than happy to

Tel was more than happy to blend into obscurity within the group... letting Melu and Galruin hold the old woman's attention, letting Zia and Xoe's more exotic features grab the periphary of her vision. The elf was looking for detail within the home, most importantly what kind of shape the locks (if any) were, within the house.. which section seemed to be in the best conditions, and which were falling toward disrepair.

 

(Taking 10 on Perception.. which should end up being an 18 if I remember right?)

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Tel's Perception

By the looks of things, the locks are all of standard quality. The home itself is clean inside, smelling like old ladies and flowers. There doesn't seem to be any particular area better or worse off than any other, just a general sense of age and low levens of maintenance throughout.

Finkswitch
Finkswitch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Looks like you take the lead

"Looks like you take the lead on this one, Melu." whispers Xoe. "If you need me to chime in, just give me a signal. Remember, we're looking for location where sweet orange berries that don't make you sick if you pick them fresh are found. I really hope it's not something common..."

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Old Women House

The old woman leads you into a sitting room on the first floor. In contrast to the building itself, the room is clean and well maintained, if still quite old. Furniture about fifty years out of date is arranged around the room's hardwood floor, resting on rugs. A number of chairs and couches form a semi cicle facing the fireplace, which is flanked by full, recently dusted bookshelves. A raven peers at you from atop it's perch on the mantle over the fireplace.

"Alright, sit wherever you like. We weren't expecting any visitors today, much less an entire gaggle. I'll get a fresh pot of tea going. And be respectful to Sirrin. He reacts badly to disrespect."

The raven caws at the woman as she enters the kitchen to boil a fresh pot of water.

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
Galruin eyes the bird as he

Galruin eyes the bird as he finds a seat, one facing the room the old woman wondered off to fetch tea in. He didn't want to have his back to any surprises should they arise. He sits down his shield and crossbow leaning against his legs and the chair.

When he is settled into his chair he peers as the bird one more time then glances around the room. 

 

Perception. 

 

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Mvashti's Sitting Room

Melu seems completely unconcerned and calm, taking a seat and looking around the room.She smiles at the raven, giving it a little incline of her head. Just to be safe.

"Really, you can relax," she says quietly to the others, particularly Galruin. "From all I've heard, and can vaguely remember, the old woman and her daughter have this place from some deal with Sandpoint's founders. Other Varisians sorta defer to them."

She frowns a little. "I guess they don't have anyone to help them keep up on repairs, though."

The bard sits primly in her chair, waiting for the older woman to return.

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Mvashti Home

Galruin

You believe there are no traps.

Everyone

It's not long before the woman returns, with a teapot and a number of teacups on a large serving tray, she sets it down and begins to fill the cups.

"I'll let you fix your own tea. There's plenty of sugar and cream if you need it."

She takes one of the cups and sits down in an old velvet lined chair.

"Now then, what did you come here for?"

Lirriel
Lirriel's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
Drinkin' Tea

Melu looks at the others briefly, then smiles at the old woman. "My name is Melusina Ortha, ma'am." She quickly, briefly, points out the others by name. "I did...lose my family, as you guessed, but that can be discussed later" She subconsciously reaches up and runs her fingers along the edge of her choker, a couple bracelets clinking with the motion.

"My companions have a question about some of the plant life around here. They think it will help with the sheriff's investigation on yesterday's goblin attack. We helped fend the little beasts off, so now we're kind of working for Hemlock on why they showed up, and where they came from."

She gestures to the gunslinger and sorceror. "Xoe and Solberg interrogated the goblins earlier, and something was mentioned about 'sweet orange berries that don't make you sick if you pick them fresh.' We were told you may have some idea, given familiarity with the local woodlands?"

Drogar
Drogar's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-18
"Sounds like brinecherries.

"Sounds like brinecherries. They grow in bushes all along the coast here. They're only really good for cooking, though I suppose goblins would be foolish enough to eat them raw. They do terrible things to your digestion if they're raw and you aren't a bird."

The old woman smiles, an odd expression on her narrow, elderly face.

"I must admit, I was expecting you to be another group of children looking for mother to read their futures in the harrow. So nice to know we're remembered as being the oldest family around, no matter what those foul Scarnettis seem to think."

Christover
Christover's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-20
"So the brinevherries Grow in

"So the brinecherries grow in the entire area? Sounds like a dead lead guys." Galruin frowns a bit wrinkling his forhead. 

As the old lady mentions the group of children he cant help but notice her odd expression.  he smiles and pays extra attention hoping to sense something perhaps? 

 

((Sense motive, I choose you! ))

Linu Theillos
Linu Theillos's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-05-24
"Not necessarily a dead

"Not necessarily a dead end...if there are any caves, tunnels.. any place off the regular travel routes that could serve as a warren within scavenging range of the coast."